Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have the XL and feel 15+1 is plenty capacity or 12+1 for the flush mag. Still 12+1 is sufficient for a very small handgun. Shooting the Dickens tomorrow with mine. Wish the trigger was better but not horrible.

PB
    Trigger pull is pretty crappy, but can be improved significantly with changing a few parts. Had a chance to examine a few that had a kit from tacticaltriggers.com installed and they were superb. Crisp, light trigger press w short reset. Not cheap
    considering the small amount of money I would think it costs to manufacture the kit, but the engineering and results are very good.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Looks like a pretty cool gun, like a nice winter aiwb gun. P365 with PMM comp and do frame is probably better though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    You could buy the XL grip and make your own P365X (without the dot ready slide). That’s what I did.
    Wilson Combat makes a similar XL grip for it too.
    I’ve been reading a bit more and just realized that, thanks, definitely a WC grip is now on my radar as well.

Feedback Score
    I think a more popular solution would be to extend the grip enough to make the 15 round mags flush and offer the frame and the base plates for purchase. The 17 round version and the ported slide were too much for this release. I'm sure some machine shop is going to make this product someday.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Here is my p365 story.

Bought a p365. Thought I loved it. SOLD my G26. Bought an xl grip, (making my own x) thought I really loved. Then I decided I didn't love it so much.

I sold it and bought another glock 26. Then I quickly realized I made a mistake. So I bought a p365x (since now it was a factory option) bought a Wilson grip, which I like. Added a 507k. Got a great deal on a standard p365 slide used, so now I had a spare with irons. Got a good deal on a used p365 barrel, so the I bought a RSA and had a complete separate upper. I then bought a fcu and had a complete spare gun.

Fast forward...after a lot of practice, I realized that while I love dots on my pistols, I was having a hard time warming up to a micro dot on a micro 9. The combination of the small window, and the fact that I struggle having a consistent index on these small handguns, and the fact that the dot made pocket carry more difficult, made me decide to ditch the 365x upper.

I then got a good deal on a xl upper. Tried that out. While it shot slightly better, I decided the difference was too little, so I sold the xl upper. Then sold my spare FCU to a friend, and I am back to a p365x with irons.

If I want to go bigger than that, I just jump up to my g19.5 with RDO. I don't find concealing a compact duty size gun really any harder then something like an xl. I also find with something like the 19, or my p01, or my p229, I can get a better draw, get first shot on target quicker, better follow up shots, and quicker mag changes.

So I guess the macro probably isn't for me, although I still might try it.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Fast forward...after a lot of practice, I realized that while I love dots on my pistols, I was having a hard time warming up to a micro dot on a micro 9. The combination of the small window, and the fact that I struggle having a consistent index on these small handguns,
    Was your difficulty in finding the dot with windage, elevation, both, don’t remember?
    Have you tried a G26 with a dot?

Bear with me, I’m working on a hypothesis.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I will generalize and say that I believe the X Macro is mostly about the Appendix craze. Maybe for some IWB folks it is also a bit better than a G17.

For those of us that do mostly OWB, why carry the X Macro when a G17/19 will do? and.. I can draw and hold on to my G19 or P07 much better.

Is it way cool? Kinda. But, a long grip is a long grip even if it is thin. I have enough of a challenge hiding the XL. Add a half inch and it can only be carried in certain positions with ample cover.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Was your difficulty in finding the dot with windage, elevation, both, don’t remember?
    Have you tried a G26 with a dot?

Bear with me, I’m working on a hypothesis.
    I never tried a 26 with a dot. I have. G19, g45, sig p226 and 229 all with dots.

I thing when I draw the 365 I have the tendency to point it to the left, and I think it's is really just because it's so small (I wear 2xl gloves)

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    I am 6'2" with large hands. I love how the tiny P365XL feels in my hand.

Although I also like petite women to, so.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have not seen the Macro but feel the XL is just about perfect. I carry it with my 12+1 mag for ultimate concealment. I own the 15 rounder but its harder to conceal. And I hear they are making a 20 rounder or some shit, that I don't need either.

I can appreciate the skinny frame is a big deal to me, but dont need any more capacity.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast