Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    I put my dick beaters on one of these today at Scheels in Rapid City, SD. Guess they had them in stock prior to official release. Kind of refreshing that SIG actually made and shipped guns instead of teasing vaporware.

Trigger was pretty “meh”, I am perplexed at how in the hell SIG managed to make the magazine hold 17 rounds. I will be very interested to see if the magazines are reliable and practical to load to full capacity.

Overall the gun is very slim, and comes out of the box with real sights and is optics ready. It’s smaller than a G19 overall as far as I could tell, but somehow holds 2 more rounds.

For $800 I will let someone else beta test the new SIG, but if it proves reliable and the comped slide actually does something I can see a use for it. I’m sure someone will offer a trigger for it.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 08-12-22 at 05:08.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think to many people let mag capacity drive the train when choosing a carry piece. In my opinion, never trusted the 365 series, always looming question "when will it break?" I guess the newest trinket is a comp on a carry gun.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, interesting piece but I'm not really interested. Fine with G43X and G19/45 for carry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I think to many people let mag capacity drive the train when choosing a carry piece. In my opinion, never trusted the 365 series, always looming question "when will it break?" I guess the newest trinket is a comp on a carry gun.
    ^^^This. Honestly, I do think that Sig making a 17rd mag for a gun that small is a good thing to push the market forward, but the this first seemed slightly gimmicky to me. Plus I hate when the marketing campaign is large enough for every gun channel on youtube drops within 40 minutes of each other with pretty low round count telling me its awesome.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, interesting piece but I'm not really interested. Fine with G43X and G19/45 for carry.
    I’m between here and curiously interested. The size/shoot-abilty might split the difference between a g43x and g45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I recently purchased a basic 365 w/ safety. Added CT red laser. Currently have around 1200-1300 rnds through it. Aside from stupidly-expensive 10-round magazines and requiring my using a Maglula, I really like it and have made it my primary edc. Why the trust issue and the inference to less than quality parts, engineering, etc? Thanks.

Haven't had a need to purchase pistol magazines in years. I assume most-all are through the roof these days. 99% of my others are 7-round and 6-round .45acp. Most were very decently priced over the years.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I often carry a p365x. I tried the xl, and didn't find that it shot any better for me then the x, and I can pocket carry the x. This new macro is 5.2" tall, making it somewhere between the height of a g19 and g17. With the size of this gun, I think I would just carry my G19. I shoot the full size double stack guns better then these thin micros (I wear 2xl gloves).

I will probably pick up a 17 round mag for a backup. For me, taking a micro and continuing to make it larger is not the way I want to go. But lately, I have had a bigger interest in carrying larger DA/SA guns.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I understand it's thinner than the 320, but this is starting to look suspiciously like the sort of scope creep that turns great products built for purpose into mediocre built for versatility products.
    That’s my concern as well. I carry a Sig P365X every day and it has been reliable, no issues, with over 2000 rounds.
    But making so many variations of the same gun could lead to a mediocre design on new models.
    Last edited by 202; 08-12-22 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a review of the pistol my Taran Butler. Taran estimates only around 15% less recoil / muzzle flip shooting the weapon light equipped Macro vs shooting the P365XL with no light, using the Winchester 124gr +P ammo. But he was loosing 70 FPS muzzle velocity from the factory slide comped Macro. Shooting standard pressure ammo you might only get a around a 10% recoil reduction. It doesn’t seem the factory slide comp is very efficient on the 3.1” barrel Macro. Also FYI, the P365X Macro is .160” ( or 3 dimes) thinner in width than a Glock 26.

https://youtu.be/AfRqSQ3vH-0
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-12-22 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Hard pass.
    They’ve effectively turned a decent, true micro compact into a mediocre almost compact.
    The P365’s I’ve shot extensively (4) have the worst triggers of any Striker gun I’ve fired including G19, CZ P10c, FN 509.
    I sure wouldn’t have the new SIG over any of those.
    I love my P365XL. I love and prefer its trigger. It feels the best in my hand, conceals better and has the best recoil impulse of any 9mm I have ever fired.

Hands down my favorite 9mm pistol.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast