Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Plenty of high round count no break believable reports so I finally bought my first SF gun in a decade, the XL. A day later I see the X Macro. I am glad I got the XL. I think that once the grip gets longer than the XL it could become much harder to conceal. Sure it’s thin but if it’s a footprint of a G 17 then it’s the footprint of a G 17. Thin doesn’t make the butt not print.

Still, it is thin and in the right holster and right situation it could work and it might be a nice shooting gun. Right now I’m actually thinking of magna porting my XL.

The XL has violent recoil and muzzle flip but comes back on target very quickly and is actually pretty comfortable to shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You could buy the factory ported Macro and put any sized 365 grip you want on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    True good point

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    I love my P365XL. I love and prefer its trigger. It feels the best in my hand, conceals better and has the best recoil impulse of any 9mm I have ever fired.

Hands down my favorite 9mm pistol.
    Either we have complete opposite ideas of what a good recoil impulse is, or you have fired a poor selection of 9mm handguns.

It's recoil is good for its size, but no where near in the same league as a full size steal or alloy framed gun.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Smaller hands and a larger grip can be very bad for recoil control. My wife can't comfortably shoot a Gen3 G17 because she has to cheat her hand around the grip to reach the trigger.

There are a lot of younger shooters that may have never shot a metal framed pistol. I can't remember the last time I did.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the XL and feel 15+1 is plenty capacity or 12+1 for the flush mag. Still 12+1 is sufficient for a very small handgun. Shooting the Dickens tomorrow with mine. Wish the trigger was better but not horrible.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just ordered my first 365, looking forward to it. Got the standard as I couldn’t find an X version in stock.

I’ll probably be getting a few Macro mags for reloads once they become more available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachucko View Post
    Just ordered my first 365, looking forward to it. Got the standard as I couldn’t find an X version in stock.

I’ll probably be getting a few Macro mags for reloads once they become more available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could buy the XL grip and make your own P365X (without the dot ready slide). That’s what I did.
    Wilson Combat makes a similar XL grip for it too.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Between family and friends have at least six or seven 365s in service.

All run great, shoot great.

And surprisingly for its size, are enjoyable to shoot. Enough that both my wife and a 90 lb daughter in law have no issues shooting it for fun.

It's made me think about getting an XL just a plink with.

I know SIG has an uneven track record since West German days, but I really think the 365 is a pretty good design in a sweet spot size/capability.

The above is relative to other very small 9 mm.

Of course much bigger g19/ppq/p99as are easier to shoot. But our experience, the 365 is not near as much of a disadvantage as other pistols in its class.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 08-14-22 at 11:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    You could buy the factory ported Macro and put any sized 365 grip you want on it.
    This may indeed be the absolute best option but I saw the macro 24 hours too late to have a choice. I really think this craze is an appendix carry construction. I wear OWB and hiding the LONG grip on the Macro would be tough. So not much advantage. Reviewers talk like it has the same concealability but 5 more rounds and that is misleading.

I don’t mind paying less than $200 to magnaport if that is a viable thing to gain more controllability; but I think I’ll train more with my XL which seems pretty good.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast