Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Exactly PB.
    If I want mo ammo, I’ll bring a different gun.
    The attraction of the P365 for me is moderate capacity and easily concealed.
    A true, Micro Compact.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I picked one up last week. Mine has been 100% reliable and accurate with around 400 rds of FMJ (mostly 124gr) and the FMJ HP (147 gr HST and 124gr +P Gold dot) ammo I have run through it. With the modular nature of the P365 series pistols most people can find the barrel size, grip size, mag capacity, comped or non-comped pistol, optics ready, interchangeable backstrap inserts, manual safety option, that satisfies most all their pistol needs. I am a die hard Glock/ Shadow Systems fan but I am also on the Sig P365 / MACRO train.

Last edited by Biggy; 08-22-22 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I picked one up last week. Mine has been 100% reliable and accurate with around 400 rds of FMJ (mostly 124gr) and the FMJ HP (147 gr HST and 124gr +P Gold dot) ammo I have run through it. With the modular nature of the P365 series pistols most people can find the barrel size, grip size, mag capacity, comped or non-comped pistol, optics ready, interchangeable backstrap inserts, manual safety option, that satisfies most all their pistol needs. I am a die hard Glock/ Shadow Systems fan but I am also on the Sig P365 / MACRO train.

I love that you're such an early adopter, Biggy. Been thinking about this one to replace my XL as my EDC. Are the sights visible through the Holosun EPS Carry?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am a die hard Glock/ Shadow Systems fan but I am also on the Sig P365 / MACRO train.
    Can you compare the grip in terms of control to a G19? Overall shooting impressions vs a full sized pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Exactly PB.
    If I want mo ammo, I’ll bring a different gun.
    Is there a reason that different gun can’t be a bigger P365?

I’ve head people ask for a slightly thinner G19 for 20 years. Isn’t this a Sig version, possibility?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I love that you're such an early adopter, Biggy. Been thinking about this one to replace my XL as my EDC. Are the sights visible through the Holosun EPS Carry?
    Yes, they are visible and usable enough through the EPS carry optic *for me*, but I would not want them any lower in the window.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Can you compare the grip in terms of control to a G19? Overall shooting impressions vs a full sized pistol?

Is there a reason that different gun can’t be a bigger P365?

I’ve head people ask for a slightly thinner G19 for 20 years. Isn’t this a Sig version, possibility?

Control wise the MACRO compared to my Glock 19 sized Shadow Systems MR920, both have a full grip for my hand size, the MR 920 Is soft shooting with the recoil impulse spread out over a larger surface area and is longer and weighs a little more. For it’s size and weight, the slide comped Macro is also soft and flat shooting, but with increased muzzle noise and around a 70 FPS loss in muzzle velocity from it’s 3.1” inch barrel when compared to the P365XL. I imagine in time they will offer a sub compact Macro shaped grip frame length and also shorter Macro mags. I believe Wilson combat will also be coming out with their version of the Macro grip frame.
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-23-22 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    …… xxx. For it’s size and weight, the slide comped Macro is also soft and flat shooting, but with increased muzzle noise and around a 70 FPS loss in muzzle velocity. I imagine in time they will offer a sub compact grip frame length with shorter MACRO mags.
    My only beef (aside from trigger) with P365 is also one of its selling points; it’s too thin.
    I find it a bitch to hang on to shooting at speed, it tends to twist in my hands. There is so little surface area, in comparison to a “full size” grip frame, my support hand makes little to no contact and does about squat to help control the gun.

Unless I’m missing something they already DO “offer a subcompact grip frame”- the original P365 and the X frame.

I assume by stating the Macro pistol loses 70 FPS with comped/ported slide- you reference the SHORTER BARREL gives up 70 FPS over the longer XL barrel?
    The slide being ported, without a full length barrel should have no bearing on velocity loss.

The P365 in original and XL form was a bit of a game changer, true sub compact with moderately “high capacity” mags.
    I appreciate it for that. I have a couple and do carry them.

Creating a “Macro” version just seems a step backwards.
    Aside from SIG cashing in on the success of their P365, I just fail to understand making a “Macro” version.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Aside from SIG cashing in on the success of their P365, I just fail to understand making a “Macro” version.
    I think you answered your own question. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My only beef (aside from trigger) with P365 is also one of its selling points; it’s too thin.
    I find it a bitch to hang on to shooting at speed, it tends to twist in my hands. There is so little surface area, in comparison to a “full size” grip frame, my support hand makes little to no contact and does about squat to help control the gun.
    I thought the macro had a larger, slightly wider grip, not just longer for more capacity?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I think to many people let mag capacity drive the train when choosing a carry piece. In my opinion, never trusted the 365 series, always looming question "when will it break?" I guess the newest trinket is a comp on a carry gun.
    Is that a historical SIG thing, a 365 thing, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I thought the macro had a larger, slightly wider grip, not just longer for more capacity?
    The grip may be wider, but it uses the same P365 mag form, so the capacity isn’t from the tune being wider, right?

I just bought a 365X last month. I wouldn’t have bought this one, since I’m still liking pocket carry. The 365X is nice versus my MP Shield that leaves my pinky floating. Haven’t started carrying the 365X, only had it to the range twice and about 250 rounds through it.

I don’t shoot it well. I agree with gaigin(?) that the bearing surfaces are just pretty small- but that’s what you need for thinner. I definately shoot my MP9 COmpetition better than the 365X.

I got a SIG airsoft P365 to practice with.

I am looking forward to the larger cap mags to see if that helps with more grip contact. Won’t carry it that way, but it will be my spare mag(s).

I used to scoff at comps on 9mm, but these guns are so small and light, I think I might change my mind.

Of course, these are the CCW guns, I think I hear a Staccato XC calling me next year…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast