Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Macro 17+1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No. The only issue was the striker drag early on that I know of.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just got a new IWB holster from Four Brothers to work with my newly acquired Macro frame and TLR-7. It's a nice holster, and should be for the price. What is interesting about this holster though, is that in order to leave enough clearance for the light, it leaves a fairly wide area behind the trigger. I can see how a shirt, jacket pull, or similar could get wedged in there on holstering and maybe even get caught in the trigger guard.

Understanding this potential danger exists is going to be paramount in preventing the gun from "firing itself" or an uncommanded discharge, as has been reported with the 320. There is a video floating around of a guy in a gun store (IIRC) who holsters a gun which fires several seconds after being holstered. The explanation was that his shirt got caught and eventually put enough pressure on the trigger when the guy was moving around.

ETA: It would be interesting to see how many uncommanded discharges happen with pistols that have a WML. Just curious if there's a correlation there.
    Last edited by georgeib; 11-06-22 at 13:42.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    This thing is the real deal. It fills the role of an etc really nicely. I have always preferred a holster in the length of a 19ish size any way so the slide length is not that big of a deal. The thinness of the pistol is where it is at for me. Carries much smaller than it looks. Add to that the thing has 17+1 and it really manages recoil nicel, and you've got a great firearm. I couldn't be happier. I have bounced daily back and forth from a g43x to g48 to g19 to SS MR920 to a p365 for years because I always feel like I have to carry whatever pistol I can due to my daily tasks. I really see the macro as handling all tasks except a full sized owb holstered firearm for the zombie apocalypse.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is my Macro grip frame with a P365XL complete top end on it. I like the new version P365XL slides with the dovetailed rear sight, so you can adjust or replace it for windage and or elevation if needed.

Last edited by Biggy; 11-08-22 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    No. The only issue was the striker drag early on that I know of.
    Is striker drag still a thing on the 365 sub compact?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Is striker drag still a thing on the 365 sub compact?
    That was an issue with the early models. Sig has worked out the kinks and it would seem the 365 line as whole is a quality product.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There have been a couple of updated striker designs, and only the first seemed prone to breaking. There are still debates over it being a design or a manufacturing problem, all I really care is that they aren’t breaking now.

Some striker drag is happening in all tilt barrel designs, the shorter the slide the more likely it is noticeable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Have there been any unexpected discharges reported with the P365, like the P320?
    I guess I skipped over the most basic answer to this, the P365 is not a miniaturized P320.

The P365 is totally different and a “conventional” striker design.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    First, an observation. After reading all posts in this thread, it appears that some detractors were doing their poo-pooing without ever having held a P365 XMacro, much less carrying &/or running one. That also goes for those talking about the length of the 17rd magazines vs the 15rd magazines.

I'm relatively new to the 365 series of pistols having started with a standard 365 in April of this year. That progressed to a 365XL and shortly afterwards the Sig grip module with the more aggressive texturing. For my hands, X to XXL glove size, the grip was a bit small in girth and length. The size of the grip also precluded me from getting a good firing grip ftom the holster at speed.

Having been Glocking since 1990, the grip angle was also taking a bit of time to get used to, as did switching from a 1911 to Glock years before. I carried a G23.2 from '92 then a G23RTF until last year. Mixed in with the 23's for carry was a G30. I also shot matches with a 19.2 & G-30. Come 2021 I went to a G45.

I jumped on the XMacro at the first opportunity. The first range trip with it, I sent two mags of 115fmj through it and then put an XL slide wearing a 507K X2 on it. After 4-6 weeks comprised of numerous range trips, installing a TLR7 Sub and getting a holster for it, I started to use it for IWB CCW in that configuration.

I may still experiment with some grip tape on the frontstrap to slightly increase the grip size front-to-back. The experimentation will also include different grip modules via trying others pistols or buying grip modules. At this point, I do not plan on kicking out ~$400 for a grip module. For now, my XMacro is my chosen belt gun.

YMMV,
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith E.; 11-29-22 at 17:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can try a Wilson XL grip for a little more girth without getting into high priced metal frames. It feels much better to me than the Sig XL grip, but I haven’t shot one yet. I think with a pinky baseplate it might be just enough for a solid grip without the butt sticking out quite as much as the Macro.

That or I’ll have to hack up my Marco grip to take ban mags if I’m going to carry it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast