Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the 2L engine the "perfect" size?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You can charge your car at night when it’s sitting still probably anyways, and you’re not expending energy at the same rate for industrial purposes, heating and cooling, and lighting. There still is the electric generation issue overall, Especially if you are depending on solar, and to less extent wind, but at night there’s a lot little less overall use.
    5-9pm would still be peak hours, which is most likely when you’ll plug it in. You should be able to set it to begin charging after 10pm for the best rates.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    5-9pm would still be peak hours, which is most likely when you’ll plug it in. You should be able to set it to begin charging after 10pm for the best rates.
    I put 75,000 mi on two different Nissan Leaf's.

They had timers you could enable so that the charging would not start before a certain time. Nearly all modern electric vehicles have that capability. I can also control it via a phone ap, etc.

My charger was a 4-Hour charger, so I could tell it to start charging at 1:00 a.m.

At that point feel electricity is surplus to needs in my state due to hydro and nuclear base load generation. Not free, but very cheap.

Since with hydro you have to spill water if you don't generate we could charge the majority of a private vehicles in my state at night with the excess electric capacity.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Honestly, this is an area where the electric car and EPA is basically f**king everybody by trying to make things all-electric and causing cars to weigh an extra 500lb in lithium when a plug-in hybrid with smaller battery pack and 1.6-2.0L (depending on overall chassis size) would be really preferable.
    You want to go on a road trip? Use charging stations where you want to stop for a while, just throw gas in it otherwise, and they can work better at highway pace consistently. When you're commuting locally, use that cheap early AM electricity and do that.

Torque fill with turbos are honestly the closest thing we'll get to just having NA-like throttle response.

Meanwhile, I'm off working out how I can LS swap everything I drive that isn't a mommyvan, because reasons.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123