Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ranch mountain ruck, opinions?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Mystery Ranch mountain ruck, opinions?

Looking to pick up a new ruck, previously was using an eberlestock bag, was a great pack but the overall fram size and waist belt set up did not particularly fit me well. I've been looking at the mystery ranch mountain rucks and was looking for some opinions from people that have used them. The overall pack design is exactly what I'm looking for, amd works very well for my intended uses. For size reference, I'm 6'5, 250 have a long torso so frame size input would be helpful as well. Most packs I'e used previously, the waist belts sit right on top of my belly button and can interfere with a chest rig or PC at times.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Paging ST911........

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Looking to pick up a new ruck, previously was using an eberlestock bag, was a great pack but the overall fram size and waist belt set up did not particularly fit me well. I've been looking at the mystery ranch mountain rucks and was looking for some opinions from people that have used them. The overall pack design is exactly what I'm looking for, amd works very well for my intended uses. For size reference, I'm 6'5, 250 have a long torso so frame size input would be helpful as well. Most packs I'e used previously, the waist belts sit right on top of my belly button and can interfere with a chest rig or PC at times.
    Can't help with that particular model, but MR is GTG. Well built, thought out, and supported. They can also help work out fit and comfort issues, custom jobs, etc. Experience with other pack makes/models can be helpful as a reference point. Give them a call.

Same for HPG, they have options you might like as well.

Both makers supply people wearing fighting gear and can speak to compatibility.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Can't help with that particular model, but MR is GTG. Well built, thought out, and supported. They can also help work out fit and comfort issues, custom jobs, etc. Experience with other pack makes/models can be helpful as a reference point. Give them a call.

Same for HPG, they have options you might like as well.

Both makers supply people wearing fighting gear and can speak to compatibility.
    I'll call them up on monday, the pack will be replacing the large issue ruck at work so that was the reasoning picking this particular model. I'm not SOF so it looks close enough to not catch flak, but I just need something better than issue. I'll check out HPG as well

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My friends and I get issued a pair of Mystery Ranches each, and though I’m 5’7”, I’m happy with them, particularly the larger one. I just got done rucking the airfield with my smaller one, actually. They come in size ranges, and adjust for height within a size. A dude on my team is 6’4”, and says his would also work for someone a couple inches taller. He also said the website has a height based sizing guide. His has a tag that says “21-24””. Its a high quality ruck, and he’s quite fond of them.

What are you looking to do with it?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    For what it's worth, you can replace an ALICE frame with the NICE frame from MR. The Mountain Ruck will *definitely* have the capacity you need...they're huge.

I've used the RATS pack extensively and have used a Camelbak Tri Zip since ~2011. The MR frame design is very adjustable and will work well within your intended use with kit.

The BVS is the only thing that I've never found to be worthwhile. I just keep them off.
    Last edited by GTF425; 08-14-22 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My friends and I get issued a pair of Mystery Ranches each, and though I’m 5’7”, I’m happy with them, particularly the larger one. I just got done rucking the airfield with my smaller one, actually. They come in size ranges, and adjust for height within a size. A dude on my team is 6’4”, and says his would also work for someone a couple inches taller. He also said the website has a height based sizing guide. His has a tag that says “21-24””. Its a high quality ruck, and he’s quite fond of them.

What are you looking to do with it?
    Its going to replace my large issue'd molle ruck as well as double as my backpacking / hiking / hunting bag.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    For what it's worth, you can replace an ALICE frame with the NICE frame from MR. The Mountain Ruck will *definitely* have the capacity you need...they're huge.

I've used the RATS pack extensively and have used a Camelbak Tri Zip since ~2011. The MR frame design is very adjustable and will work well within your intended use with kit.

The BVS is the only thing that I've never found to be worthwhile. I just keep them off.
    Thats good to know, I don't really have an issue with the issue pack its self, just the fram and straps do not fit me very well and it gets uncomfortable quickly. So I may look into buying the frame and just retrofitting the large ruck on to it.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/M...ame/10-435852/

This dude found a way to jury rig the NICE to MOLLE II. I've never tried to retrofit the NICE to the MOLLE ruck, so I can't say how well it actually works in practice.

To be honest- I'm a bigger fan of the ALICE frame with the Tac Tailor waist pad and shoulder straps. I like how adjustable the MR pack frames are, but for carrying Weapons Squad level weight, the ALICE was king. I still ruck with an ALICE, even as a shitbag college student.
    Last edited by GTF425; 08-14-22 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast