Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empty Magazine in carry-on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I flew out of Newark with a firearm, I told the lovely lady (joke in case you haven't been to Newark) when I checked in, and she didn't reply. I told her three time that I was declaring a firearm before she finally said she heard me the first time and didn't care. I found some Newark PD guys and let them know, that way if anything happened at least someone knew I tried. I flew out of Seatac one time and had an even worse experience,

Reading the rules is great, but its not like they are professionals actually following them or anything.
    I'll see your Newark and raise you one Philly. I hate that it's my home airport. Every TSA agent there is angry at life in general.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I'll see your Newark and raise you one Philly. I hate that it's my home airport. Every TSA agent there is angry at life in general.
    It was at Philly that I had the counter girl make derogatory comments about me having been in the service. That complaint went all the way up, and each time I refused anything they wanted to credit me for, or pay me. The assurance of "we'll make sure it doesn't happen again" from the cheerful phone person didn't cut it. When I finally got a call back telling me they had it narrowed down to two different people, I figured I was talking to someone taking it serious.

Yeah, Philly sucks pretty hard as well, but their cops are talkative and real dudes once they understand you are on the same page as them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    Was going thru security check-point and my luggage was flagged for inspection. They said an empty magazine isnt allowed. I knowingly carried it because i thought it was okay.
    My friend got to meet a suit years ago for the same thing

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I usually fly with a Beretta 92 that's been through the hands of Langdon Tactical Technology, and a Scandium J-frame. I take the slide and barrel off the Beretta, and take the cylinder off the crane. So they look REALLY broken down. All those pieces and the mags are in a locked Pelican case, inside my checked hard-side luggage.

If at all possible, I fly Southwest. But I still carry laminated copies of their policies, and the TSA policies, just in case.

The last time I flew, the lady checking my bags asked for me to open my luggage, and unlock the Pelican case. She spotted the NP3 parts and said "Wow, is that from Langdon? Nice!!"

Be still my beating heart......

I told her yes, and asked if she was married. She just laughed and said "Yeah, some of us are big kids here. My husband carries one of those."

The good ones are always married.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It was at Philly that I had the counter girl make derogatory comments about me having been in the service. That complaint went all the way up, and each time I refused anything they wanted to credit me for, or pay me. The assurance of "we'll make sure it doesn't happen again" from the cheerful phone person didn't cut it. When I finally got a call back telling me they had it narrowed down to two different people, I figured I was talking to someone taking it serious.

Yeah, Philly sucks pretty hard as well, but their cops are talkative and real dudes once they understand you are on the same page as them.
    There lies the problem with Philly in general and why that city keeps electing corrupt leadership. The masses have that same mentality as the counter girl. PD is pretty cool. As is FD. My buddy is their department trauma counselor and hostage negotiator. A metric shit ton of them have left the job under this new leadership. And there is no one coming through the academy to replace them. It's not going to get better. Guys who were generational cops (Dad was a cop, grandfather was a cop etc etc) wont let their kids join up. I stopped going into the office in Philly during lockdown. And we closed it and went virtual soon after. 15 years working down there and am happy to not go back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12