Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever Take The Myers-Briggs Test? 🤔

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Came out as an Architect.

Whatever, to be honest I could care less. The test questioning was interesting though.
    It's kinda like your credit score, many don't appreciate the impact it has on all manner of facets of your life. The mil, CIA, all manner of various companies, etc etc use that test and make some very specific decisions about you based on that test.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Not really. MBTI is largely despised by the research/academic community as pseudoscience, and studies have shown that folks can get different results when retaking the test at different times. It was created by people with no formal education in psychology nor educational testing, and was always a product to be sold to the business world.

The Big Five personality traits model, which has some overlap with some of the things that MBTI score for, typically has much more credence in the scientific community.
    I edited the OP:

It's been decades since I took it, so perhaps the modern POV is as you say among modern academics now. It was standard in several psych courses I took, one by personality psych proff at Harvard who was tops in her field at the time, mid 90s. We took that one, the MMI, and others. She didn't put a lot of stock in any of them as I recall, didn't single out MBTI as useless either. Does not surprise better has been developed. A little digging I found this article that's supportive of your comments, it's fallen out of favor:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-fad-won-t-die
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-15-22 at 12:03.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ESTJ here.. and the description pretty much fits me to a T. I do realize it's pretty much junk science though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    INTP-A Logician. Reading through the personality type, there are several things that do describe me well, but also things that do not. These tests are interesting but I feel like most people are probably a mix of 2 or more of these personality type. The test might say I'm a Logician but in reality I might be 55% Logician and 45% something else. Another Logician will have a very different personality from mine. The test might say I'm introverted even though I may also have some extroverted qualities. I just think it's too limiting to categorize ourselves into 1 of 16 or however many personality types there are on these kinds of tests. So I've never put a whole lot of stock in these personality types. Interesting test to take just for fun though.

Feedback Score
    The problem I have with these are that they may get to a 'basic' personality that you are most comfortable with, but a fully functioning human being should be able to employ different 'personalities' depending on the situation. Some people are betterat it than others- and that I think is a real key. Trump definitely has a hard time pivoting.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    INTJ almost always, got INTP one time, I think.

The Predictive Index is more useful, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    ENTJ here. Commander. Apparently it's the rarest? Who knows, but it does seem to describe me pretty well.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Logistician. ISTJ-A.

Feedback Score
    I've found Myers Briggs does a poor job with repeatable results, providing useful insight, predicting motivations, and predicting behavior. It seems to still have wide use in corporate circles, but I wouldn't take that as a measure of accuracy or success.

The only personality test that's stood up well to scrutiny over time, about 40 years now, is the Five Factor Personality Analysis (Big Five). I recommend using that instead.

If you want a cliffs notes test that doesn't require as much study, Hartman's People Code does a very good job of accurately predicting motivations and behaviors with less resolution, but also less time invested.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I've found Myers Briggs does a poor job with repeatable results, providing useful insight, predicting motivations, and predicting behavior. It seems to still have wide use in corporate circles, but I wouldn't take that as a measure of accuracy or success.

The only personality test that's stood up well to scrutiny over time, about 40 years now, is the Five Factor Personality Analysis (Big Five). I recommend using that instead.

If you want a cliffs notes test that doesn't require as much study, Hartman's People Code does a very good job of accurately predicting motivations and behaviors with less resolution, but also less time invested.
    Never heard of it, will check it out. Is the MMPI still a thing?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast