Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afghanistan marks one year under Taliban rule.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    F them, they had 20 years to eject the 10th century moon worshipers.
    Like us they deserve the government they have .
    Could not agree more. No matter how much of a cluster the pullout was we were there for 20 years and a good chunk of it was nation building. I have a feeling we could have been there another 10 years and the same thing would have happened. I was never in Afghanistan myself but have buddy’s that we’re and they basicly said there was no sense of nation among the people. Loyalty to you tribe first. They could not break that and the people of Afghanistan were screwed because of that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Sort of my thoughts as well, we would have been far better off keeping the airbase to run ops/drone strikes/whatever out of. I mean we keep bases all around the world for this type of activity, and that would have been a base close to the crazy all the time.
    We should have never occupied it. We went there to destroy enemy targets. Screw Nation Building.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    Could not agree more. No matter how much of a cluster the pullout was we were there for 20 years and a good chunk of it was nation building. I have a feeling we could have been there another 10 years and the same thing would have happened. I was never in Afghanistan myself but have buddy’s that we’re and they basicly said there was no sense of nation among the people. Loyalty to you tribe first. They could not break that and the people of Afghanistan were screwed because of that.
    To butcher a Pashtun proverb: me against my brother, me and my brother against my cousin, my family against the other family, my village against the other village.

I miss that place. The “withdrawal” was bs, even if I always knew it was going to go down like that. I didn’t know it would effect me the way it has. I cried like a baby when it was going down. I can’t understand not leveling arms and vehicle depots on our way out. Giving up Bagram. Not sending all the resources in country to the Panjshir. I wonder if they are still holding out. Anybody heard anything? Fun fact: the traffic circle at the beginning of the video was called Massoud Circle. It was where the north gate to the Embassy was.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 08-16-22 at 23:14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12