Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting perspective on M855A1 by retired SF

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukas87 View Post
    Appreciate Feedback and comments
    Molon posts are the same one he posted to arfcom and really only support my argument that M855A1 is not "match like"
    Like the Army claims. Which was the point of the video dispelling Army claims about M855A1.
    Sure Im bias towards MK262, Il take better accuracy any day when it comes to fighting rifle ammo.

Again, appreciate comments and the interest in the video

Jeff G.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and experiences. I find your videos both informative and entertaining, especially when you take a historic look at some of the equipment that has been used throughout the GWOT. Equally nice to get feedback on a cartridge I’ve had little exposure to outside of a 300 meter qualifying range.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 08-17-22 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Wasn't a company called Liberty Ammunition (or similar) involved with a lawsuit against DoD for infringing on it's design of M855A1? Or is it another round I'm thinking of?
    Liberty Ammunition sued the federal government for patent infringement and breach of contract in regard to M855A1.

Last edited by Molon; 08-17-22 at 15:56.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    855A1 isn’t going anywhere. The army is not ditching 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I thought the same thing. But it’s happening. The integration phases have already been set. Within 20 years (give or take a couple here and there) 6.8x51 will be the new issued round. NATO will start a phased process as well. 5.56 will still be around but it won’t be the mainstay.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I thought the same thing. But it’s happening. The integration phases have already been set. Within 20 years (give or take a couple here and there) 6.8x51 will be the new issued round. NATO will start a phased process as well. 5.56 will still be around but it won’t be the mainstay.
    I love how they just threw a giant wrench into everybody's supply chains during a time when the threat of major war is extremely high, and also during a time when we're experiencing horrible supply chain disruptions and material shortages. And the fact that they can't even train with the cartridge they issue only makes that so much worse.

The way I really see this going is they'll just use it replace 7.62 and most guys will still be carrying 5.56 for the foreseeable future. I also think the hybrid case high pressure version is going to cause so many problems they'll ditch it and just end up using the standard version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I love how they just threw a giant wrench into everybody's supply chains during a time when the threat of major war is extremely high, and also during a time when we're experiencing horrible supply chain disruptions and material shortages. And the fact that they can't even train with the cartridge they issue only makes that so much worse.

The way I really see this going is they'll just use it replace 7.62 and most guys will still be carrying 5.56 for the foreseeable future. I also think the hybrid case high pressure version is going to cause so many problems they'll ditch it and just end up using the standard version.
    I would lay a future paycheck on that! Just like the M855A1 was "toned down" this round will be also.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ok well anything could happen in 20 years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Id be very interested in what a 6.8mm EPR round could do. Especially when they start cranking up the pressures and changing the penetrator material.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Molon posts are the same one he posted to arfcom and really only support my argument that M855A1 is not "match like"
    Like the Army claims. Which was the point of the video dispelling Army claims about M855A1.
    Sure Im bias towards MK262, Il take better accuracy any day when it comes to fighting rifle ammo.

Jeff G.
    And then Jeff Gurwitch shows up.

Thanks for dropping in, I loved your articles on the evolution of your carbines on deployment. Eventually I’ll get to a class with now that I’m in NC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jeff G.
    That's an understandable point of view coming from someone with your perspective as a member of an elite infantry unit. You guys are in the top 1% or better of combat marksmen, and cost isn't generally a consideration. But just like the rank and file wasn't getting 77gr when M855 was around, I don't think it was in the cards for them to get Mk262 as a replacement for it, so I think it was a win for them getting something they could afford that was better both terminally and ballistically.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Forget it
    Last edited by davidjinks; 08-18-22 at 13:48.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast