Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOTech G45 magnifier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

EOTech G45 magnifier

I am looking for comments/insight on the EOTech 5x magnifier. It looks good to me and I have heard good things about their 3x magnifiers in terms of glass quality and brightness.
    I have as of now:
    The older Aimpoint 3x
    A SIG 4x

It will go in front of my Aimpoint Comp M4. Will the height be correct for the Aimpoint?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It goes behind the Aimpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It goes behind the Aimpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In back, in front, that would depend on which way one looks through.....

But I think everybody understands the meaning.

Feedback Score
    You will see a dot with a tail at 5x.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    You will see a dot with a tail at 5x.
    Interesting, my SIG 4X magnifier does not produce a tail with my Aimpoint Comp M4. The Aimpoint Pro I used to have had a tail/burst/smear without any help at all.

Upon further thought my current magnified optics are enough for my needs. For general purpose with targets up close and distant the RD w/ magnifier is probably best. If the targets are 50m and out I find the 3.5X ACOG better.
    I shoot two gun at different places/clubs. One club usually puts in one distance stage and the rest are within 30m. In this case the RD w/magnifier works best. I prefer the course of fire at the other club which is quite the opposite, one stage with targets within 30m all the rest are at 50m and farther, out to 300m. In this case the ACOG is preferred by me.

Feedback Score
    I’m using the G45 behind a T-2. The dot is nice and crisp under magnification. The glass is better than my 3x Vortex magnifier.

I have an astigmatism and the dot on my T-2 has always been nice and round. T-1 is a comet for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    I’m using the G45 behind a T-2. The dot is nice and crisp under magnification. The glass is better than my 3x Vortex magnifier.

I have an astigmatism and the dot on my T-2 has always been nice and round. T-1 is a comet for me.
    Yes, funny how RD's within the same manufacture can produce different results. One should always try before buy.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The T-2 is a later product and an improvement. It uses a different emitter tech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post

El Vaq how does your G45 and T-2 line up and which mount are you using for the T-2?
    I have an H-1 and a G45 and am looking for a mount that will place the optic in the same
    plane or as close to the G45 as possible...so far i'm running a 1.93 Scalaworks mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by big 54r View Post
    El Vaq how does your G45 and T-2 line up and which mount are you using for the T-2?
    I have an H-1 and a G45 and am looking for a mount that will place the optic in the same
    plane or as close to the G45 as possible...so far i'm running a 1.93 Scalaworks mount.
    I would think the Unity combo is the only out-the-box solution if you want a perfect line-up.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast