Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick access range bag for home defense storing too?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quick access range bag for home defense storing too?

What options do you guys know of that keep the AR carbine/pistol dust free, can be used as a range bag, and also is quick to get open and out if needed for HD?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There is quite a difference between an AR pistol/SBR and a 14.5-16" carbine, but how about a case along these lines? Well made in the US, fairly affordable, and relatively simple: https://www.americanmountainsupply.c...e/assault-case

I use the AMS 36" discreet case for my 16" AR, but wow the prices have increased:
    https://www.americanmountainsupply.c...cal-rifle-case

You can put the 36" discrete case in a 36" hard case such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Weather...49618104&psc=1

Andy

Feedback Score
    Since I can't ever get one of my own pictures "small" enough to post: here's the bag I got and it seems to fit the bill: keeps my Troy clean, I use it to the range and even with the one velco strap hooked at the buffer, it's quick to remove. When working a couple security details that required a bit more range, I had it in the back of the truck, just the very top unzipped and could reach in and extract the rifle in a matter of seconds when it was needed. Plus in either color, it doesn't scream "rifle bag."

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...scription-link
    Last edited by rocsteady; 08-16-22 at 19:25.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I typically use an AR range bag to take my AR to the range. Once I get home put my AR in a gun safe. Range bags, at least the ones I own, hold moisture and causes rust on steel parts over time. All of my bags have cushy foam in them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You need to rethink your post.

1. In your context, there is no "quick access range bag".

2. Long-term storage of a gun in most any case material has the potential to lead to oxidized metal.

3. Within an enclosed structure where dust might be a concern, any breathable material draped over the gun should work fine.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have a couple of discreet rifle bags. But I usually grab a tennis racquet bag to discreetly transport to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    I typically use an AR range bag to take my AR to the range. Once I get home put my AR in a gun safe. Range bags, at least the ones I own, hold moisture and causes rust on steel parts over time.
    Bingo!!!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    My version of a discreet bag is Nike skateboard bag. It can also hold additional magazines, IFAK, cleaning kit, and supplemental items of choice.

Feedback Score
    My 10.5 inch AR pistol lives in this $60 blue bag:

UTG Alpha Battle Carrier Sling Pack 30-Inch Multi-Firearm Case

It has three pockets: one holds a couple of Pmags, and one has a built-in holster for a Glock 19.

The 30 inch version can hold two carbines, but it would probably be rather heavy. The strap can be configured for left or right shoulder use.

It has "quick deploy" tabs, which are kind of TACTICOOL, but do in fact work to get the zippers open very fast if you choose to use them.

No one looks at it twice. I've carried it into Walmart and other areas without issue.
    Last edited by Electrikoolaid; 09-11-22 at 02:45.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    I typically use an AR range bag to take my AR to the range. Once I get home put my AR in a gun safe. Range bags, at least the ones I own, hold moisture and causes rust on steel parts over time. All of my bags have cushy foam in them.
    This, never leave your AR in a range bag.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast