Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick access range bag for home defense storing too?

Feedback Score
    Even with the AR left out of it, I like the idea of a fight sustainment / range bag. Something with loaded mags, a cleaning kit, and decent first aide that's better than for just an individual. You never when in a split second you want to go to the range, or you need to make a rescue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    This, never leave your AR in a range bag.
    why not just drape a damned shemagh over it and call it good?
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    What options do you guys know of that keep the AR carbine/pistol dust free, can be used as a range bag, and also is quick to get open and out if needed for HD?
    Just use an incognito bag made for such a thing, that also holds additional mags, cleaning kit, etc, which acts as a range bag and go bag if needed. There's a zillion of them out there to choose from.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-16-22 at 11:11.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    I typically use an AR range bag to take my AR to the range. Once I get home put my AR in a gun safe. Range bags, at least the ones I own, hold moisture and causes rust on steel parts over time. All of my bags have cushy foam in them.
    Where is the moisture coming from? If you put a gun away warm and dry (no condensation) is it still a problem?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m rather fond of the Vertx Overland bag. It holds my 11.5 with Law folder, pistol and holster, minimalist chest rig, and spare mags. Get home and pop the rifle out and back in it goes in the morning. As far as keeping dust off of things, I can’t say I’ve ever been concerned about that.

Feedback Score
    My range bag is either a small duffle (Cabelas makes a good one) or a backpack. If I needed a ready/go bag I think I would honestly want my rifle out and ready as well, so those would still work just fine. For transport to and from the range I usually just use a basic hard or soft case depending on where I’m going. Although, I have been known to be simple and have on occasion just stuck the rifle in a pillow case and walked out to the car.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    This, never leave your AR in a range bag.
    You can tell that people with this mindset don't live in AZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12