Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the attacks on BYU?

Feedback Score

Why the attacks on BYU?

It seems that there is a organized movement against BYU.

First it was the volleyball player that reported racial epithets, but they can’t seem to fins any evidence of it??

And now people show up at a Alphabet party with almost a leftist dream list of nightmares- religious white guys with guns and it makes the front page of CNN.

And now South Carolina Gamecocks women basketball cancelled games with BYU- oh, the dozens of people left with worthless tickets!!

This meant to keep Romney in line with the left? Just a general attack on a religious school?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    OK, I'm gonna start by saying I ain't no apologist for the LDS Church. I got bad feelings aplenty for that organization.

That said I think this is largely just a left wing campaign against a private, religious university. BYU ain't exactly a bastion of LGBT tolerance and their honor code doesn't fit everyone's taste. Well, to bad. Go to freaking school somewhere else then. I don't think they take a dime from the state or the feds, so they are free of the strings generally attached to such money.

The church does have a history of some racist doctrine, but I think that is pretty well gone now. Not saying there ain't any racists attending events or enrolled at the school, but that is true everywhere.

Feedback Score
    Oh the horror... (plucked off the Net)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Left is a little late to the party on this one.The LDS Church may be a lot of "Things", but racist it aint.
    Do they have a history of racist policy, yes, but it's well past and I'm pretty sure they welcome everyone nowadays. Church doctrine at the time prohibited Blacks from holding the priesthood. That's all changed now.
    I do believe there are actually quite a few black Mormons these days.
    The thing about Utah or any State with a large number of Mormons is, it's clannish as all get out. I grew up in a community where unless you were third or forth generation LDS you weren't going to have an easy time of it.
    A lot of people mistake this for racism, but it's not, these folks are all interrelated, they all attend the same activities (Church which dominates everything they do) and they are usually stuck in some small or isolated area. They will stick together like glue and ostracize those not keeping the Gospel.
    They're just weird is all.
    BYU has a honor code that has some pretty stiff penalties for coloring outside the lines. I doubt this is anything but made up drama.

BYU does look like a four year Aryan convention as quite a few are above average heigth and blonde.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-08-22 at 03:20.

Feedback Score

BYU does look like a four year Aryan convention as quite a few are above average heigth and blonde

You buried the lead!
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just had to look up the Honor Code at BYU.

No tea? WTF? Alcohol I get, but tea?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

Tea has caffeine and caffeine makes American Jesus cry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tea, the original gateway drug. It is also known as “the devil’s lettuce”, I think. Maybe. Anyway, you start drinking a little tea and then a coffee sounds good, before you know it you’re doing lines of Red Bull off a hooker.

The real reason? Any hint of morality sends the left into fits of pure rage. Also race hoaxers may have learned that Chicago is actually not at all believable “MAGA country”.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

Mormons are prohibited from drinking "hot drinks" (i.e. coffee and tea). Most of the ones that I know will happily swill Coke and Pepsi products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Tea, the original gateway drug. It is also known as “the devil’s lettuce”, I think. Maybe. Anyway, you start drinking a little tea and then a coffee sounds good, before you know it you’re doing lines of Red Bull off a hooker.

The real reason? Any hint of morality sends the left into fits of pure rage. Also race hoaxers may have learned that Chicago is actually not at all believable “MAGA country”.
    i literally spit my drink out with that red bull line!

But i think you nailed it about the left's recent crusade against morality. They are trying hard to stomp out Christian values, and they are harshly critical of anyone who doesn't agree with their way of thinking. I even saw that there is a movement to normalize pedophiles by calling them "minority attracted persons" or some BS like that. It's insane.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast