Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Return Of The M193 Clones

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Molon,

Sinclair front rest? What top is on it?

Thanks again for a well designed and presented comparison.

Feedback Score
    I find this quite useful. I had planned to make a purchase soon. This reaffirms my choice. Has a similar m855 or m262 comparison been done recently? Would you compare pmc’s x Tac clone as well? I could do the first part, but the barrel would not be the same. I’ll happily fund the ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmorris View Post
    I find this quite useful. I had planned to make a purchase soon. This reaffirms my choice. Has a similar m855 or m262 comparison been done recently? Would you compare pmc’s x Tac clone as well? I could do the first part, but the barrel would not be the same. I’ll happily fund the ammo.

I’d be curious to see some numbers on *current production* X-Tac as well. It’s what I have been buying the most of lately due to cost. However it wouldn’t generally be my first choice otherwise because in late 2021 I bumped into a guy I know at the range and he had one of those Magnetospeed barrel mounted chronographs so we decided to try it on my 20” AR with some 55gr X-Tac and the velocities were quite disappointing- mostly barely getting over the 3000fps mark, with some shots even coming in in below 3000. Granted it was cold out but even then that seemed quite poor for supposed M193-spec ammo out of a 20” barrel.
    I’ve heard some talk that current production X-Tac is more in line with proper M193 velocities however, but can’t personally substantiate that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Molon,

Sinclair front rest? What top is on it?
    Yes. It's currently wearing the Sinclair gen II windage top

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wow Im happy to see a Molon post here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Molon, I love you, no homo. On a serious note, thank you. Your posts and knowledge offer a lot of help to people. Sadly, lots of it will be used by people who don't understand it, so they misquote portions and take the rest out of context, but I guess that is just the magic of the internet. Seriously, thanks for the post.
    Muchas gracias.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Molon-
    Any thoughts or tests of the German MEN M193?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Molon-
    Any thoughts or tests of the German MEN M193?
    I’ve been debating getting some of that for a while. Just hard to justify the price over PMC Bronze for blasting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve been debating getting some of that for a while. Just hard to justify the price over PMC Bronze for blasting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Its supposed to be real deal German issue 193. Ive been shooting it for several years, chrono'ed like it should and never a problem.
    If Molon has tested it or knows more about it than me, Id like to hear his thoughts.
    Ill tell you this..its the shiniest ammo Ive ever seen, not that THAT is important, but the brass is outstanding. I give mine to a guy that reloads and he loves it.
    Ive got a few thousand rounds of it, it did get scarce for awhile, but its been back awhile now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast