Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is "Long Covid" Legit? 🤔🤧🤒😷

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Gave me a stroke the first time - kept me stuck @ home for 2 weeks the 2nd time
    Covid gave you a stroke or the jab?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    By personal experience I assume you mean personal clinical experience.
    That is correct.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FYI, just updated my article linked in the OP with this just out article via NG:

Even mild COVID-19 can cause your brain to shrink

Recent brain imaging shows the disease can cause physical changes equivalent to a decade of ageing and trigger problems with attention and memory. Exactly why is still a mystery.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...rain-to-shrink
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's my practical recs for those dealing with long covid just up:

https://brinkzone.com/addressing-long-covid/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    At this point, I'm fairly certain I got OG Covid back in December of 2019. Sat for four hours on an airplane next to a woman who was sweating profusely and coughing her ass off for the entire trip. About a week later, I was the most sick I have ever been to date. All classic COVID symptoms. Took about a 10 days to start to feel "better"

Since then, though, I've had some degree of brain fog / memory disfunction, and more significantly, what can be best described as chronic fatigue. Even short periods of mild to moderate exertion result in complete exhaustion that take sometimes days to recover. I've been fortunate so far to be in a situation where I can work around it, but it does definitely impact my day to day life as well as the quality of my time.

Will, I'm definitely going to read up on what you've posted on the topic...Thanks for that! I'm also working in general on cleaning up my nutrition (somewhat more difficult to do here than where I lived previously, but definitely worth the effort) and I'm going in for a sleep study in the near future to see if there are any issues there. We'll see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    At this point, I'm fairly certain I got OG Covid back in December of 2019. Sat for four hours on an airplane next to a woman who was sweating profusely and coughing her ass off for the entire trip. About a week later, I was the most sick I have ever been to date. All classic COVID symptoms. Took about a 10 days to start to feel "better"

Since then, though, I've had some degree of brain fog / memory disfunction, and more significantly, what can be best described as chronic fatigue. Even short periods of mild to moderate exertion result in complete exhaustion that take sometimes days to recover. I've been fortunate so far to be in a situation where I can work around it, but it does definitely impact my day to day life as well as the quality of my time.

Will, I'm definitely going to read up on what you've posted on the topic...Thanks for that! I'm also working in general on cleaning up my nutrition (somewhat more difficult to do here than where I lived previously, but definitely worth the effort) and I'm going in for a sleep study in the near future to see if there are any issues there. We'll see how it goes.
    As briefly mentioned in the most recent write up in #24, that's essential healing up fully.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

The only thing legit about chinavirus is the need for a public hanging for Mickey Mauci!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    The only thing legit about chinavirus is the need for a public hanging for Mickey Mauci!
    You're claiming the China viral WMD is not a legit virus?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Funny, saw a joke that Long Covid and fibromyalgia only affect people in English speaking countries!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will say I think so. I’ve had covid 3 times. The first two times I only really felt bad for 2 days and start to finish it was 5-7 days. The third time I never had the 2 bad days and overall it was mild. The down side was it hung around for almost 2 months. Where it really stood out was my first gym workout after I was feeling better.

Lifting wasn’t a problem. I was definitely lifting less, but after a month out of the gym, that was expected. The real oh shit moment was when I got on the treadmill. I thought I would do a light mile to shake things out a little. I do quite a bit of trail running so a mile is no big deal for me. I couldn’t make it a quarter of a mile without hitting my max heart rate and had to stop. It was over an hour after stopping that my heart rate returned to under 100bpm. My normal resting heart rate is usually between 50-55. It stayed 20-25 bpm higher for about two weeks and I was exhausted the whole time. My HRV stayed in the medium to high stress range even when sleeping. I eventually started to feel normal and get restful sleep. It’s taken me about another month to get back to being able to do an unbroken mile on the treadmill at a little under 10 min mile pace. Was it long covid? I don’t know, but something hung a boat anchor on my heart after having it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast