Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you have/recommend on a battle belt?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What do you have/recommend on a battle belt?

So setting up a battle belt, via Haley (1).

For those who use such a rig, what do you use to attach your pistol holster to it? I know there's a few options out there.

What do you have/recommend otherwise?

I ordered double pistol mag pouch, one AR mag pouch, dump pouch, pouch for multi tool, and two more of those as they would fit stuff like a flashlight and misc.

I should probably add an IFAK. What do you recommend?

Use is quick kit up for emergencies and range/classes.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ategic-D3-Belt
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bigger guys get to hang more gear.
    My skinny ass has room for a mid ride Safariland and a couple of rifle/pistol mags, I may be able to hang a flashlight.
    Need a dump pouch though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One thing I absolutely love YMMV, is the Safariland one strap drop leg with QLS male/female system. Allows you to run multiple guns on the same belt. And the mag pouches that have are threaded with bungee so you can ran any mags in them. The most versatile of all but your belt may need to be gun/ operation specific.

So many belts....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One thing I absolutely love YMMV, is the Safariland one strap drop leg with QLS male/female system. Allows you to run multiple guns on the same belt. And the mag pouches that have are threaded with bungee so you can ran any mags in them. The most versatile of all but your belt may need to be gun/ operation specific.

So many belts....

PB
    Belt I got is linked in the OP. I have seen the Safariland system and it looks like winner, but I'm one primary pistol kinda guy and don't really need it. I am going to order a new holster for the HK VP9 and option to attach to the belt.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use a Safariland Mid-ride adapter with a QLS system for the holster.

In terms of other gear, the basics for me are pistol/rifle mag pouches, dump pouch, IFAK, water bottle/canteen pouch, and multi-tool pouch. The Dump pouch can be used for anything extra, and if you use TACO pouches, they can frequently be adapted to hold other things as well.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I use a Safariland Mid-ride adapter with a QLS system for the holster.

In terms of other gear, the basics for me are pistol/rifle mag pouches, dump pouch, IFAK, water bottle/canteen pouch, and multi-tool pouch. The Dump pouch can be used for anything extra, and if you use TACO pouches, they can frequently be adapted to hold other things as well.
    Just ordered that. Cool. I was considering other options like a chest rig and such for a quick all in one solution to be able put on and go if needed, range, courses, etc but decided a battle belt set up was a good choice for me. I have too many things in a range bag and such I put on a belt that takes too long and or I forget something.

I think the only thing I need now is the IFAK. I have to admit, I wanna add a fixed blade to the belt, but, no doubt, multi tool will solved 95% of issues a fixed blade would and take up same space or less. I will admit I just like the idea of the blade on the belt which = ninja wanna be.

At least I'm honest about!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Belt I got is linked in the OP. I have seen the Safariland system and it looks like winner, but I'm one primary pistol kinda guy and don't really need it. I am going to order a new holster for the HK VP9 and option to attach to the belt.
    What did you end up with for a holster for your VP9? I'm using one made for a sig 226 with x300/tlr-1.

Seems to be working okay for now but I know it was technically not made for it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    What did you end up with for a holster for your VP9? I'm using one made for a sig 226 with x300/tlr-1.

Per recs by most here, Safariland ALS on QLS system. Kitting out that belt was way more $ than I'd expected, but buy once cry once I hope.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post

Teir 1 and Hammer armament both make nice VP9 holsters , just an FYI and use the safariland above mentioned QLS etc.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Bigger guys get to hang more gear.
    My skinny ass has room for a mid ride Safariland and a couple of rifle/pistol mags, I may be able to hang a flashlight.
    Need a dump pouch though.
    depending on what kind of pouches you run for your mags, you can attach the dump pounch under the pouches and have it open wide and just below them. That's what I do and it saves that belt real estate.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast