Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you have/recommend on a battle belt?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What do you have/recommend on a battle belt?

So setting up a battle belt, via Haley (1).

For those who use such a rig, what do you use to attach your pistol holster to it? I know there's a few options out there.

What do you have/recommend otherwise?

I ordered double pistol mag pouch, one AR mag pouch, dump pouch, pouch for multi tool, and two more of those as they would fit stuff like a flashlight and misc.

I should probably add an IFAK. What do you recommend?

Use is quick kit up for emergencies and range/classes.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ategic-D3-Belt
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bigger guys get to hang more gear.
    My skinny ass has room for a mid ride Safariland and a couple of rifle/pistol mags, I may be able to hang a flashlight.
    Need a dump pouch though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One thing I absolutely love YMMV, is the Safariland one strap drop leg with QLS male/female system. Allows you to run multiple guns on the same belt. And the mag pouches that have are threaded with bungee so you can ran any mags in them. The most versatile of all but your belt may need to be gun/ operation specific.

So many belts....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One thing I absolutely love YMMV, is the Safariland one strap drop leg with QLS male/female system. Allows you to run multiple guns on the same belt. And the mag pouches that have are threaded with bungee so you can ran any mags in them. The most versatile of all but your belt may need to be gun/ operation specific.

So many belts....

PB
    Belt I got is linked in the OP. I have seen the Safariland system and it looks like winner, but I'm one primary pistol kinda guy and don't really need it. I am going to order a new holster for the HK VP9 and option to attach to the belt.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use a Safariland Mid-ride adapter with a QLS system for the holster.

In terms of other gear, the basics for me are pistol/rifle mag pouches, dump pouch, IFAK, water bottle/canteen pouch, and multi-tool pouch. The Dump pouch can be used for anything extra, and if you use TACO pouches, they can frequently be adapted to hold other things as well.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I use a Safariland Mid-ride adapter with a QLS system for the holster.

In terms of other gear, the basics for me are pistol/rifle mag pouches, dump pouch, IFAK, water bottle/canteen pouch, and multi-tool pouch. The Dump pouch can be used for anything extra, and if you use TACO pouches, they can frequently be adapted to hold other things as well.
    Just ordered that. Cool. I was considering other options like a chest rig and such for a quick all in one solution to be able put on and go if needed, range, courses, etc but decided a battle belt set up was a good choice for me. I have too many things in a range bag and such I put on a belt that takes too long and or I forget something.

I think the only thing I need now is the IFAK. I have to admit, I wanna add a fixed blade to the belt, but, no doubt, multi tool will solved 95% of issues a fixed blade would and take up same space or less. I will admit I just like the idea of the blade on the belt which = ninja wanna be.

At least I'm honest about!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll add old school surefire flashlight holster although with weapon lights may be duplication for some. I like the option of a separate light as needing a light and needing to draw my handgun are sometimes mutually exclusive. Pocket flashlight solves this as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I'll add old school surefire flashlight holster although with weapon lights may be duplication for some. I like the option of a separate light as needing a light and needing to draw my handgun are sometimes mutually exclusive. Pocket flashlight solves this as well.
    I got added generic multi tool holder for a flashlight. I prefer them separate too.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I can tell you brands of items I like, but I’m not a “user,” of my battle belts. I wear them for fun. So whatever I say, I qualify with that.

For classes, I typically use an Esstac 2+1 short pouch, naked. I’ve got these in multiple setups, including one used by my wife for a pistol course. Cool thing I found is that with the 2+1 is that if I’m shooting pistol only, I can fit two double stack pistol mags in the AR mag pouch section.

It’s been a while since a carbine course, but I would probably add a single Esstac AR pouch in that case (making two AR mag holders).

Tourniquet holders abound, I think the last one I bought was a horizontal Soileater. Makes sense at the front of a belt.

Holster…
    Safariland mid ride UBL (notice a trend?) with QLS. I have a couple Safariland 6354DO’s modified for a Walther PPQ with X300U or TLR-1. Because they are on QLS mounts and can be switched quickly, I also picked up a no-light Ragnarok that I haven’t had a chance to use yet.
    I also really like this thigh strap that integrates with the UBL. Need to get another. Worth it to get and install before with the holster/UBL. Do it all at once.
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/New-Thigh-Strap/
    Side note, if you reconsidered and decided to go with the QLS system, they’ll assemble the UBL+strap+QLS before they send to you.

Beyond that, I do have a BFG dump pouch. It’s small. It works. It’s there just because.
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-sp...ump-pouch.html

I also have a leather High Threat Concealment that has some BFG Ten-speed (belt) pistol and AR pouches plus dump pouch, as if I ever find myself in a situation that justifies carrying multiple mags semi concealed, I might as well look cool. …this has never been worn. But the BFG Ten-speed pouches are great for other items like a flashlight or multi tool.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I can tell you brands of items I like, but I’m not a “user,” of my battle belts. I wear them for fun. So whatever I say, I qualify with that.

For classes, I typically use an Esstac 2+1 short pouch, naked. I’ve got these in multiple setups, including one used by my wife for a pistol course. Cool thing I found is that with the 2+1 is that if I’m shooting pistol only, I can fit two double stack pistol mags in the AR mag pouch section.

It’s been a while since a carbine course, but I would probably add a single Esstac AR pouch in that case (making two AR mag holders).

Tourniquet holders abound, I think the last one I bought was a horizontal Soileater. Makes sense at the front of a belt.

Holster…
    Safariland mid ride UBL (notice a trend?) with QLS. I have a couple Safariland 6354DO’s modified for a Walther PPQ with X300U or TLR-1. Because they are on QLS mounts and can be switched quickly, I also picked up a no-light Ragnarok that I haven’t had a chance to use yet.
    I also really like this thigh strap that integrates with the UBL. Need to get another. Worth it to get and install before with the holster/UBL. Do it all at once.
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/New-Thigh-Strap/
    Side note, if you reconsidered and decided to go with the QLS system, they’ll assemble the UBL+strap+QLS before they send to you.

Beyond that, I do have a BFG dump pouch. It’s small. It works. It’s there just because.
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-sp...ump-pouch.html

I also have a leather High Threat Concealment that has some BFG Ten-speed (belt) pistol and AR pouches plus dump pouch, as if I ever find myself in a situation that justifies carrying multiple mags semi concealed, I might as well look cool. …this has never been worn. But the BFG Ten-speed pouches are great for other items like a flashlight or multi tool.
    Per above, #6, I ordered one. I would have just done the whole kit at the site you listed if I'd seen it sooner, thanx.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast