Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you have/recommend on a battle belt?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

If you plan on losing a lotta weight, hang some suspenders on it - glad I added mine long before my stroke. Lost 65lbs & I've had to buy all new pants and belts - got too much sunk into my battlebelt to change it at the moment - so suspenders will hafta do me!!!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Running and prefer the ATS battle belt. Keep 2 pistol mag pouches, 1 rifle, dump pouch, ifak, and a holster. I like the bigger padded belt. Wore a riggers belt with pouches and holster on a deployment. It was uncomfortable for longer foot patrols and I eventually stopped carrying stuff on that belt.

Feedback Score
    I've run a battle belt for many years, and refined how it's set up after many years of classes and training. I run a VTAC Brokos belt with a quick connect cobra buckle. On the left side of the belt i have two rifle mags, a pistol mag, and a CAT tourniquet. On the rear of the belt i have a trauma kit with second TQ, shears, and GSW specific trauma items, along with a dump pouch. On the right side i have a fixed blade knife, Glock 19 with RDS and WML, and flashlight. Everything is buttoned down tight, and I can easily wear my plate carrier without interference when needed.

So far it's been my preferred setup.

Feedback Score
    I use HSGI. Plenty of padding, two M4 mag pouches, large poogie pouch on back with large bandages and various other items with IFAK blowout kit. Fold up magpouch from Maxpedition on it as well. Not heavy at all and it allows prone shooting without any bulk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the Safariland QLS system for my holster since I rotate out pistols. General belt kit is 2 pistol mags and 1 rifle in HSGI tacos, Blue Force gear trauma kit IFAK, and a multi-tool.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    gun + 2 pistol mags + handheld flashlight + small IFAK

and optional:

+ rifle "happy" mag

+ large dump pouch (small ones are stupid unless you have tiny hands)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    Bigger guys get to hang more gear.
    My skinny ass has room for a mid ride Safariland and a couple of rifle/pistol mags, I may be able to hang a flashlight.
    Need a dump pouch though.
    depending on what kind of pouches you run for your mags, you can attach the dump pounch under the pouches and have it open wide and just below them. That's what I do and it saves that belt real estate.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Not that I have really trained with it much, but I put a JSTA Pouch on a belt with an Leatherman and additional mag, it also holds firestarting and lifestraw and sharpies. I wanted to take a scouting/patrol class in NC earlier this year but the logistics and timing just didn't work out, really like the concept of the JSTA for a LBE belt
    Last edited by Hank6046; 11-03-22 at 10:38. Reason: Clarification
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123