Thread: Colt Officer's Model - Broken Barrel Bushing

Feedback Score

Colt Officer's Model - Broken Barrel Bushing

I've got a Colt Officer's Model that I purchased new way back in 1989. I was cleaning it last night and discovered that the barrel bushing is cracked. I know this was a known issue on compact 1911s and probably why most manufacturers today use a bull barrel. I got 32 years of solid use though so I'm not complaining. Does anyone have a line on Colt factory replacement parts? I've been searching high and low with no luck. I know other manufacturers make it but there is a high probability that I'll have to have it fit. I was thinking I might not have to go through that on a Colt replacement. But I guess that isn't a sure thing either. I value any feedback.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here might be what you want: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/BUSHING...ductinfo/29CO/ Sorry, just noticed you want a dropin part.
    Last edited by Gary1911A1; 08-19-22 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    For a “custom” fit bushing, measure ID of slide (at bushing) and OD of barrel (at bushing lock up) and contact EGW.
    For a nominal fee they’ll make you a bushing that fits your slide/barrel. Be sure to specify for an O. M.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Thanks gaijin....that looks like my best option.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    EGW (George Smith) does have simple, "drop in" replacement bushings if the pursuit of ultimate accuracy is not a concern.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.