Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultimate SHTF (side charging, folding brace 5.56) Firearm?

Feedback Score
    Sell some of those and you can spend more.

Steyr AUG and Tavor's seem to meet your criteria.

So would a Turkish AP5 or Mini-14 except for the mags.

I don't worry about the "grid going down" for an extended period because that would be a long death. Unless there was a place to escape to and I knew about it.

You would just live a little longer to suffer more. Don't worry about it. What's for dinner tonight?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Sell some of those and you can spend more.

Steyr AUG and Tavor's seem to meet your criteria.

So would a Turkish AP5 or Mini-14 except for the mags.

I don't worry about the "grid going down" for an extended period because that would be a long death. Unless there was a place to escape to and I knew about it.

You would just live a little longer to suffer more. Don't worry about it. What's for dinner tonight?
    Yeah, I agree. Factors other than the difference between best/ worst in the test would probably determine survival. But it’s more fun to think about gear and guns than the stuff like access to drinkable water, medical treatment and the logistics of getting out of urban areas that would probably actually determine one’s lifespan in this situation.

But the power grid going down is just a time machine. It’s awful given society’s dependence on it but it’s just a time machine that plopped you into the year 1,800 AD surrounded by people who don’t know how to live in 1,800AD.

I made a practice video with some initial impressions of these guns. Still waiting on some parts to start running all of them.

https://youtu.be/PrAwU0fjY3g
    Last edited by OhThatGuy; 08-29-22 at 09:20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123