Thread: Defiance 6.5PRC Build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Defiance 6.5PRC Build

Was lucky enough to draw an Antelope tag this fall , so I had to build a rifle, LOL. So far so good, about 30rds down range for initial barrel "break in". This is my second "custom" build for myself.

Defiance Ruckus action
    KMW stock with Terry's DBM
    IBI barrel 6.5PRC 1-7.5T
    NF 4X16X42, with NF rings
    Triggertech Trigger
    Area 419 Hellfire brake
    Graphite Black Cerakote

Last edited by mildot; 08-19-22 at 15:27.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nice. What's your all in weight?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oooo, I haven't weighted it yet, I'm guessing 12-14 lbs at least. More to follow. Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice looking rig. I have been wanting another .223 bolt gun and can't find a factory offering I like, so I might have to build.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Good Looking rig! I have 2 6.5 PRC's. Love them both. What size action is that Ruckus? My last build was the XM Ruckus. I almost regret going with the XM action. I probably should have gone with a long action.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 09-07-22 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a "short' action, I was under the impression that 6.5PRC was designed around a short action? my groups so far have been excellent. So this was my final group, after setting the zero stop on the NF which is my least favorite feature, LOL. Cheers

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    That's a "short' action, I was under the impression that 6.5PRC was designed around a short action? my groups so far have been excellent. So this was my final group, after setting the zero stop on the NF which is my least favorite feature, LOL. Cheers

Yes it was designed to fit in a short action. Cartridge length is 2.95" and will run in a short action. However, you are constrained to running factory ammo or ammo less than 2.95" by running a short action. If you handload you are also restricted to a max Cartridge length of 2.95" A great overall bullet in 6.5mm is the Berger 156EOL. This is my all around hunting bullet. When loading it case length can easily exceed 2.95" if you take advantage of the case capacity. 3" isn't uncommon at all from what I'm seeing. My first rifle was built with a long action, Defiance Tenacity. My 2nd one I used a Ruckus XM action. I'm just getting into reloading so I plan on taking advantage of the case capacity and being able to load ammo longer than the 2.95" standard. Midsouth has ELDM in stock if you are looking for ammo. Unknown Munitions and Copper Creek Cartridge also have ammo off an on.