Thread: Anyone Know If LMT Ever Plans To Provide 'Spare / Conversion' MWS Barrels For Sale ?

Feedback Score

Anyone Know If LMT Ever Plans To Provide 'Spare / Conversion' MWS Barrels For Sale ?

Good Morning Folks, To those who are currently 'in the know', this may appear to be a ridiculous question, but I'm absolutely certain that I'm not the only person who would like to know ? I purchased my LMT / MWS Model about 8 or so years ago now. I chose to go, at least initially with the .308 / 7.62 NATO, primarily for ammunition availability issues, along with the fact that the 7.62 could probably provide adequate performance for my intended purposes. Now however, I would very much like to add the 6.5 CM caliber to perhaps add a bit of range capability to my playbook. ( If there's simply no 6.5 CM barrels to be found, I would consider one of the other calibers with capabilities similar to the CM. As in; .243 Winchester, .260 Remington, 7MM-08 Remington, unless they've recently added other similar calibers. ) So, my actual question is; Does anyone know if LMT has any plans to make any 'Conversion Barrels'
    available for public sales for their MWS Series ? Another, somewhat related question is, is LMT actually selling so many of their LMT's that they can't produce baby spare barrels for consumer dales ? IIRC, they haven't filled any new Government / Military Contracts recently, at least as far as I'm aware of, so by default, they must be selling all their MWS production to domestic purchasers ? THANKS in advance for any Replies / Comments, all will be very much appreciated.

Best regards, 'dpast32'
    Last edited by dpast32; 08-20-22 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Reach to D Wilson https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/Lewis-Mac...ices_c_22.html

I’m not 100% sure he’s doing MWS conversions yet but I believe he plans to eventually add them.

https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/Proof-Res...rel_p_129.html

Feedback Score
    THANKS for the 'heads up', I appreciate it. I've noticed I few assorted Web Posts & mentions of his performing such conversions, but they didn't appear to be too recent. Hopefully, he is still doing them, or at least plans to in the near future ? Honestly, after all the advertising & promoting by LMT as to how versatile their MWS System was, it truly doesn't seem right that now you simply can't just order a new replacement or conversion barrel directly from LMT ?? To be honest, there's probably not too much that I couldn't accomplish with my 7.62 barrel within any situation I can think of. I don't intend to be picking things off at over 800 yards, & anything under that the 7.62 should be able to handle provided the proper optics & competent shooter. I know one thing though. If Wilson does offer the conversion barrels, he certainly shouldn't be at a loss for orders !

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    He’s been doing them for years on the MRP platform, join the LMT owners group on FB, he posts there regularly as does Joe Hanjy who works for LMT.

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU Guys, very much. I'll sign on to the LMT FB Page & check everything out. Take care,

Best, Dom P. / dpast32