Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Advantage barrels still good?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Ballistic Advantage barrels still good?

Whats the current consesus on BA barrels? Are they still pretty good? I had seen some threads a while back about some thread concentricity issues and some other things like that. Looking to pick up a hansen barrel for a rifle I'm working on for the wife and was considering them.

Feedback Score
    They are acceptable barrels and better than the real low end quality barrels but I would not consider them to be a good barrel.

Feedback Score
    I just put together an upper with a Hanson barrel, good fit and finish, included pinned gas block is nice and aligned well, gassed very well, and as accurate as I am with the optic I'm using. Got it at RTB for ~$140+tax& shipping, definitely worth that to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only issue I have with BA barrels is the lack of a dimpled gas port from the factory. I have several and all have properly spec'd gas ports and seem to shoot just fine. But it all depends on your intended purpose.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The only issue I have with BA barrels is the lack of a dimpled gas port from the factory. I have several and all have properly spec'd gas ports and seem to shoot just fine. But it all depends on your intended purpose.
    No dimple isn't a dealbreaker for me as I have all my gas blocks pinned. If they shoot MOA with good ammo and sub 2 moa with standard ball thats good enough for me.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Their Hanson series comes with a pinned lo-pro gas block.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an upper, not built by me, using a 16" BA stainless black series barrel in .223 Wylde. My uses are as a dedicated iron sights upper, it has a standard front sight block and Magpul SL handguard. So far so good, I used it at my club two gun recently and it did me well. It didn't take long to hit 200 and 300m steel targets standing, kneeling and prone. In fact, since the grass was so long I had to elevate the rifle above ground level to get a clear shot. I was impressed with my standing position accuracy and I attribute it, in part, to the barrel.
    It is doubtful I will ever wear it out so I cannot speak to it's longevity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’d say they are really good 100 yard barrels. Anything past that I don’t think you can expect decent accuracy out of a $150 barrel in late 2022.

Feedback Score
    I really like my BA 11.5 which is the hanson profile and is dimpled. I think they are better and more durable than most people give them credit for, especially for the money and would put them next to Roscoe barrels (non- Stainless steel) but there are better barrels on the market, you just have to pay for them
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I used them twice...

The first one was a bare 10.5"...No issues

Second was a pinned FSB 14.5"...it was ridiculously canted and nearly maxed the windage on that particular build.

Pass for me from now on. They said they'd warranty the barrel. How about just make it correctly in the first place? I'll stick to DD..many of barrels from them. (If they're around after the current events)

Both were accurate enough, but something rubs me the wrong way on canted FSBs...I've have a few shitty OG Bushmasters that don't have canted FSB's.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 08-25-22 at 21:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast