Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ballistic Advantage barrels still good?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I really like my BA 11.5 which is the hanson profile and is dimpled. I think they are better and more durable than most people give them credit for, especially for the money and would put them next to Roscoe barrels (non- Stainless steel) but there are better barrels on the market, you just have to pay for them
    I agree. Slight correction, the Hanson is 11.3".
    The Hanson line pinned gas block is a nice bonus - no need to purchase a GB.

I honestly have no interest in the non-Hanson BA barrels.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-26-22 at 06:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I agree. Slight correction, the Hanson is 11.3".
    The Hanson line pinned gas block is a nice bonus - no need to purchase a GB.

I honestly have no interest in the non-Hanson BA barrels.

Andy
    Thanks for the correction, and I concur, I don't care about their other barrels. I know that they are sister or partner companies with Aero Precision, and make go into SOLGW guns, as well as various other brands. I have a 13.9" BA upper of their I was going to build out, but I have too many other projects going on for that currently.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I have had pretty good results/ luck with all but 1 barrel I have purchased... strangely enough it was a 13.9 that would NOT shoot / group at all !! I returned it to PA for a 13.7 that was a tack driver...

All the other barrels I had were very good. I think their QC went down during the Flu... and it is back up now.
    I only run their Hanson profile on all my builds now...
    I DID seem to find that if you don't clean the barrel before going out to zero you don't get the best results...once cleaned out it seems accuracy improves ..and then just continues to get better... I think initial cleaning is the key..at least it has been for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12