Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Killing Bodybuilders And Other Athletes?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm of the opinion that COVID infections as well as vaccination could contribute to this. My options were to vaccinate or face COVID without being vaccinated. Based on my experiences, I chose to get vaccinated. This was when the vaccines were 90%+ effective, prior to mutations that made them far less so. I got one booster, as Omicron was coming over, but have not pursued further vaccination, and won't unless COVID cases kick up in greater numbers, and/or a more effective vaccine comes out for the strains involved. I chose Pfizer because of its efficacy being similar to Moderna, with a much lower effect on the recipient. I never considered J&J, as it was far less effective and had more side effects from the literature I read. I think people went with it because of cost/1 and done (interestingly, the 1 and done J&J was similarly effective to half the Prizer/Moderna series, so you COULD have just done that...), and because of fear of newer methods/mRNA vaccines.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I watched that yesterday and posted on my social media, etc and commented below that vid. Considered posting here, but didn't. His is another YT page I watch and recommend. As he says, not acceptable and studies to ascertain causes should be underway YESTERDAY. There's a number of possible reasons, likely multiple and multi factorial, but guessing as to what they are vs researching it, is BS. For example, in those younger male athletic populations we saw a spike in deaths, is it as I posit in my post?

Note deaths by other causes such as cancer, CVD, etc are up in other age groups in the UK and US. That was somewhat predicted in that during covid and those generally ineffective lock downs, you had millions of people not seeing doctors for minor or major reasons that may have been diagnosed and treated in time to prevent deaths from occurring. I even mentioned that in an article in Medium when all this started.

People also gained a lot of weight during covd, and weight gain is associated with all cause mortality.

There's no doubt other possibilities, but guessing at what they are, is not acceptable and I agree with 100% of what he's saying in the vid and highly recommend his channel for generally solid, objective, science based intel. I have communicated with him a few times, seems like a solid guy all around.
    I cannot support this with hard data, but it's been my experience that when you put people through a big routine change, they are more likely to die.

Staying home.
    Working from home.
    Outsourcing.
    Lockdowns.
    Going to the gym/buying a Peloton.
    Not going to the gym.

It was a HUGE routine change for a lot of people, and that tends to kill.

Just my opinion/observation with no data to support it besides experience.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In line and supportive of my OP and post, very important: Just released by the Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD
    FL Surgeon General:

"Today, we released an analysis on COVID-19 mRNA vaccines the public needs to be aware of. This analysis showed an increased risk of cardiac-related death among men 18-39"

Full report:

"The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case
    series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety. This studied mortality risk
    following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination. This analysis found there is an 84% increase in the relative
    incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA

vaccination. Individuals with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis..."

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-...ccines-doc.pdf
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    In line and supportive of my OP and post, very important: Just released by the Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD
    FL Surgeon General:

"Today, we released an analysis on COVID-19 mRNA vaccines the public needs to be aware of. This analysis showed an increased risk of cardiac-related death among men 18-39"

Full report:

"The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case
    series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety. This studied mortality risk
    following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination. This analysis found there is an 84% increase in the relative
    incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA

vaccination. Individuals with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis..."

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-...ccines-doc.pdf
    That's kindof my personal opinion, as well. With the decrease in efficacy against the new strains, the risk/reward is tilted in favor of "wait and see" for now, the way I read it. I am still very glad I got vaccinated back in 2020, though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    That's kindof my personal opinion, as well. With the decrease in efficacy against the new strains, the risk/reward is tilted in favor of "wait and see" for now, the way I read it. I am still very glad I got vaccinated back in 2020, though.
    That depends strictly on who you are. Older person with say various risk factors for serious complications, hospitalization, and death from covid, risk/benefit absolutely favors being vaccinated. A healthy male teen athlete? Not so much. That's the issue that's been raised by various pro vaccine docs (vids posted on this forum and linked ...) that the one size fits all approach to the vaccines is BAD science. Now we have hard support for that reality, and it's costing lives and top docs in their field - their lane - are pushing back and being attacked as "anti vax" and nothing could be further from the truth there.

For me, it made sense to be vaccinated as the risk/benefits clearly favored it in my case.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That depends strictly on who you are. Older person with say various risk factors for serious complications, hospitalization, and death from covid, risk/benefit absolutely favors being vaccinated. A healthy male teen athlete? Not so much. That's the issue that's been raised by various pro vaccine docs (vids posted on this forum and linked ...) that the one size fits all approach to the vaccines is BAD science. Now we have hard support for that reality, and it's costing lives and top docs in their field - their lane - are pushing back and being attacked as "anti vax" and nothing could be further from the truth there.

For me, it made sense to be vaccinated as the risk/benefits clearly favored it in my case.
    Agreed.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I just saw where Sara Lee, a young, fit, cute 30 year old WWE wrestler died. Eerie post that she had just gotten over the sniffles.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/07/wwe-st...c-death-at-30/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I just saw where Sara Lee, a young, fit, cute 30 year old WWE wrestler died. Eerie post that she had just gotten over the sniffles.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/07/wwe-st...c-death-at-30/
    Covid does worse things than the vaccine. Hence why I chose vaccination back in 2020 back when it was very effective and covid was worse

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Covid does worse things than the vaccine. Hence why I chose vaccination back in 2020 back when it was very effective and covid was worse
    If I were a 20-40 yearly old, there’s no way in hell I would’ve taken the vaccine. They’ve always been a low risk group. More data is supporting the risk from the mRNA shot, links to studies in the article.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10...ccines-n639770

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    If I were a 20-40 yearly old, there’s no way in hell I would’ve taken the vaccine. They’ve always been a low risk group. More data is supporting the risk from the mRNA shot, links to studies in the article.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10...ccines-n639770
    The vaccine has risks. Covid was worse. Its like trotting out studies showing bootcamp injuries and saying yoid rather deploy with no training.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast