Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Killing Bodybuilders And Other Athletes?

Feedback Score
    Thanks Will and HKGuns, i'm going to schedule an appointment and get tested.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I hope it turns out to be nothing for you...................

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nothing to lose but some time and a few $ to be sure. Even if that's what it was at the time, likely gone by now.

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I hope it turns out to be nothing for you...................
    Vast majority of the time it's gone on its own, but one needs to be aware that stressing the heart during that time is to be avoided, which is why if that's why some young male athletes have issues, it's usually during a game/match.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nothing to lose but some time and a few $ to be sure. Even if that's what it was at the time, likely gone by now.

Vast majority of the time it's gone on its own, but one needs to be aware that stressing the heart during that time is to be avoided, which is why if that's why some young male athletes have issues, it's usually during a game/match.
    Great info, thanks Will. Keep up the great work

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Sorry, just seeing this. 2 days after i got the first shot, i woke up around midnight suddenly with my heart beating out of my chest. It felt like a crazy panic attack (which i've only ever had one in my life), but this was totally unprovoked and it lasted all night into the next day. Literally i didn't sleep a wink, with my heart beating crazy fast and irregular, feeling like it was going to burst all night. I tried relaxed breathing exercises and everything i could think of and it wouldn't go away. I don't ever go to the hospital for anything except extreme emergencies, so i just toughed it out all night. In hindsight, i definitely should have gone in. Anyways, it lasted 12 straight hours before subsiding. I've never had that happen before in my life (i'm 38 years old), and the only thing different for me at the time was that i had just got the first Moderna shot two days before.

I didn't get tested for MyoCarditis (not sure what that test entails) but probably should. My family doctor, who was pro-vaccine, told me definitely not to get the second shot, and wrote me a medical exemption for my employer.
    Sounds like palpitations from atrial fib. The irregular beat can lead to stroke from a clot. Caused by the SA node going wonky. Treatment can be medication or a laparoscopic procedure to burn out the offending cells in the heart. Regardless, it’s pretty serious until you find out the pathology. Definitely worth an ER trip and potentially an ambulance ride when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great info, thanks Will. Keep up the great work
    Just tryin' to keep you idiots out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Sounds like palpitations from atrial fib. The irregular beat can lead to stroke from a clot. Caused by the SA node going wonky. Treatment can be medication or a laparoscopic procedure to burn out the offending cells in the heart. Regardless, it’s pretty serious until you find out the pathology. Definitely worth an ER trip and potentially an ambulance ride when it happens.
    AF is a common complication in myocarditis apparently.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-14-22 at 19:11.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm sure the shot had nothing to do with it...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I'm sure the shot had nothing to do with it...
    Are you telling me you didn't read the OP without telling me you didn't read the OP?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got the vax..Moderna

I don't remember any heart issues just a burning sensation down my arm into my elbow on the second shot. I did notice I run into some muscle and joint pain that seems to linger a lot longer after working out.

Not getting boosted..ever

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Data starting to get published supporting my basic hypothesis, Oxidative stress via GSH depletion a key aspect of covid related pathogenesis and likley vaccine induced myocarditis, acute Pericarditis- Myopericarditis in young men:

Int J Gen Med. 2022; 15: 161–167.

The Evaluation of Oxidative Stress in the Young Adults with COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines Induced Acute Pericarditis- Myopericarditis

Abstract
    Background

During COVID-19 pandemic, several vaccines have been developed such as mRNA vaccines. However, acute pericarditis and myocarditis/myopericarditis cases have been described after mRNA vaccination. The mechanism for the development of cardiac involvement is unknown. Potential mechanism for oxidative stress associated with vaccine-induced heart involvement is unidentified. This study aimed to examine the role of oxidative stress and the heart involvement in young adults vaccinated with COVID-19 mRNA vaccines.
    Methods

In this cross-sectional study, a total of 23 participants were included and 10 of these participants were asymptomatic patients (control group). Comparison of the cardiac involvement and control group was made by using troponin I, C-reactive protein (hsCRP), D-dimer levels, and oxidative stress tests including nitric oxide, and imaging techniques (ECG, echocardiography, cardiovascular magnetic resonance).
    Results

The median age of acute pericarditis group (10 patients) was 22 years (Q1-Q3: 18.5–31), and the mean age was 24.4±7.5 years. The median age of myopericarditis group (3 patients) was 22 years (Q1–Q3 18.0–25.0), and the mean age was 21.6 ±3.5 years. All the myopericarditis cases were male. The patients with myopericarditis had higher troponin I level, hsCRP, and D-dimer levels (troponin I level; 1600.00 ng/mL; D-dimer; 1.20 μg/mL, hsCRP; 3.0 mg/L, respectively; p < 0.05). Serum nitric oxide levels and OSI (total oxidant status, H2O2/total antioxidant status) were lower in myopericarditis group than the control and acute pericarditis group (p < 0.05). This shows inflammatory and procoagulant state.
    Conclusion

Vaccine-induced myopericarditis cases are associated with oxidative stress test abnormality (abnormal NO, OSI levels). However, there is no relationship between NO levels and other oxidative stress tests difference in vaccine-induced acute pericarditis. It is thought that vaccine-induced pericarditis and myopericarditis could have different pathogenesis. This could make it necessary to reassess the second dose of vaccination for vaccine-induced cardiac involvement cases.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast