Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What's Killing Bodybuilders And Other Athletes?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    If I were a 20-40 yearly old, there’s no way in hell I would’ve taken the vaccine. They’ve always been a low risk group. More data is supporting the risk from the mRNA shot, links to studies in the article.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10...ccines-n639770
    Risk/benefit wise, it’s not risk of vaccines vs no vaccines, it’s risks of vaccine vs exposure to covid minus being vaccinated. Everyone on this planet has been, or will be, exposed to covid. I'd also assume you didn't check out the OP article for context.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-17-22 at 07:52.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The number of bodybuilders that have died in the last few years seems well above what one would expect statistically speaking. In a similar time frame, one investigation found over 700 young male athletes from various sports have supposedly collapsed during competitions due to heart related issues, some experiencing cardiac arrest and dying. Is there a possibility the deaths of these bodybuilders and other athletes are connected?

https://brinkzone.com/whats-killing-...ther-athletes/
    Obviously it's climate change and/or global warming. Take your pick.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Covid does worse things than the vaccine. Hence why I chose vaccination back in 2020 back when it was very effective and covid was worse

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    What were your observations? Were you seeing vaccine patients come in with bumped trops and fibrinogen, etc? I just didn't see it. I also noted most of my patients who did poorly were unvaccinated. The vaccinated ones typically were discharged home from the ER with minor/no symptoms, or were incidental positives just due to protocol testing for things like preop. Long story short, I just didn't see even a fraction of the issues from vaccination as I did covid. Now that things have gone on another 18mo, I am seeing less efficicacy of vaccination, but still no issues. Our numbers are pretty low now, though. What have you seen at your facilities? Ive spent the last 12 years working ICU and ER, among other departments, and the last several years working the covid wards, in addition. While its only a sample of one person's experience, I do feel that over this time, it's been pretty straightforward. Id like to know what other professionals who work with these patients have observed with the labwork and outcomes, as well, and hope you'll share more than a meme. We can all use data and experience to improve.
    Last edited by WS6; 10-18-22 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    What were your observations? Were you seeing vaccine patients come in with bumped trops and fibrinogen, etc? I just didn't see it. I also noted most of my patients who did poorly were unvaccinated. The vaccinated ones typically were discharged home from the ER with minor/no symptoms, or were incidental positives just due to protocol testing for things like preop. Long story short, I just didn't see even a fraction of the issues from vaccination as I did covid. Now that things have gone on another 18mo, I am seeing less efficicacy of vaccination, but still no issues. Our numbers are pretty low now, though. What have you seen at your facilities? Ive spent the last 12 years working ICU and ER, among other departments, and the last several years working the covid wards, in addition. While its only a sample of one person's experience, I do feel that over this time, it's been pretty straightforward. Id like to know what other professionals who work with these patients have observed with the labwork and outcomes, as well, and hope you'll share more than a meme. We can all use data and experience to improve.
    My communications with med pros in the trenches, and that's quite a few at this point, mirrors your experiences. The data generally supports your et al experiences. But, people who read an article on some web site that supports their fears and conformation bias, they know better...

Much of that does fall squarely on the horrible messaging and response of the NIH, CDC, etc who allowed themselves to get politicized and part of the pissing match between the orange guy and those with TDS, and I do understand how/why some just don't trust the messaging afters seeing the cluster F that was the approach to covid.

Having said that, they'd be better off asking Qs of people like yourself and perhaps myself as to best practices, those they should follow for good balanced objective science/data based advice, etc vs posting a meme etc if they lack the sci/med background to parse through it all, which is challenging and close to a full time job.

As I said from day one, will say again:

• There's no doubt at all vaccines were a benefit for certain populations and saved lives
    • We will not vaccinate our way out of covid
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-19-22 at 09:27.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My family of 5, only 1 had 1 dose of Vaccination (male, 22yr).

We've all had the 'Rona 2-3 times. Symptoms ranged from sniffles to fever / cough for 24-36 hrs tops for the un-vaxed (1 healthcare worker, 2 other minors, 1 other adult); without tests, over 50% of the time you wouldn't even consider yourself sick.

The one who got it the worst was vax'ed, fever for 2-3 days, fully recovered in 5.

Yeah, if you are morbidly obese, old, frail, etc the vax was likely a good call. But calling it a vax is a joke. It's a crappy flu type shot that nobody wants anymore.

I believe in traditional vax's that actually prevent you from getting the disease, not this bullshit. But of course healthy people dying from the vax is cool, because 'it was for the greater good'.

F that noise.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My communications with med pros in the trenches, and that's quite a few at this point, mirrors your experiences. The data generally supports your et al experiences. But, people who read an article on some web site that supports their fears and conformation bias, they know better...

Much of that does fall squarely on the horrible messaging and response of the NIH, CDC, etc who allowed themselves to get politicized and part of the pissing match between the orange guy and those with TDS, and I do understand how/why some just don't trust the messaging afters seeing the cluster F that was the approach to covid.

Having said that, they'd be better off asking Qs of people like yourself and perhaps myself as to best practices, those they should follow for good balanced objective science/data based advice, etc vs posting a meme etc if they lack the sci/med background to parse through it all, which is challenging and close to a full time job.

As I said from day one, will say again:

• There's no doubt at all vaccines were a benefit for certain populations and saved lives
    • We will not vaccinate our way out of covid
    It's ivory tower syndrome. People who are heading these organizations are so divorced from working with actual PEOPLE that they think "I have presented the data, now they will make the logical choice!" and when that obviously doesn't happen, they completely melt down. Because they don't know how the human animal works. Then it gets all sideways just like we saw.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

We've all had the 'Rona 2-3 times. Symptoms ranged from sniffles to fever / cough for 24-36 hrs tops for the un-vaxed (1 healthcare worker, 2 other minors, 1 other adult); without tests, over 50% of the time you wouldn't even consider yourself sick.

The one who got it the worst was vax'ed, fever for 2-3 days, fully recovered in 5.

Yeah, if you are morbidly obese, old, frail, etc the vax was likely a good call. But calling it a vax is a joke. It's a crappy flu type shot that nobody wants anymore.

I believe in traditional vax's that actually prevent you from getting the disease, not this bullshit. But of course healthy people dying from the vax is cool, because 'it was for the greater good'.

F that noise.
    I wish you and yours well, Cheers!
    Last edited by WS6; 10-19-22 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

F that noise.
    Understood. This thread was never intended as a general pro/con vax discussion thread, but a discussion and possible warning for a specific sub set population: young male athletes, and male BBer of any age. I have left all the general threads such as (1) as they have become an echo chamber and a waste of time in my view unless you enjoy echo chamber threads like that.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-falling-apart
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Understood. This thread was never intended as a general pro/con vax discussion thread, but a discussion and possible warning for a specific sub set population: young male athletes, and male BBer of any age. I have left all the general threads such as (1) as they have become an echo chamber and a waste of time in my view unless you enjoy echo chamber threads like that.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-falling-apart
    I got to see all those lab values for "healthy guys with the sniffles" back before vaccination was a thing. It was very interesting. Ultimately though, this COVID stuff is just something I hope the general population enjoys feeling smug about having "made the right choice over", whatever choice that is. Go have fun, kids!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast