Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supressed DD MK18 With Geissele buffer spring/H3 buffer?

Feedback Score

Supressed DD MK18 With Geissele buffer spring/H3 buffer?

I'm looking for opinions on replacing the stock buffer spring and H buffer that comes with the DD 10.3" MK18 with a Geissele Super 42 braided wire buffer spring and H3 buffer. It's running a Surefire SOCOM RC2 suppressor. Is it a worthy upgrade?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    H is pretty light for most applications. I only have one freak gun (in a good way) that likes that. The buffer spring is just preference, but an H2 is a sure bet. H3 is too much reciprocating mass. I'd tweak the gas if the H2 was still too much bolt speed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If it's dedicated suppressed, dialing the gas down first is a great option.

The S42 is a high energy spring and in most cases a heavier buffer with mil-spec spring produces good results.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    If it's dedicated suppressed, dialing the gas down first is a great option.

The S42 is a high energy spring and in most cases a heavier buffer with mil-spec spring produces good results.
    It is dedicated suppressed. I neglected to mention that this is the newer MK18 with the improved gas port and I also have a Radiant Raptor-SD charging handle which also helps mitigate the gas blowback. Sounds like an H2 buffer with the stock spring could do the trick.

Feedback Score
    Great question I asked DD because I wanted to know the best buffer for my V7 pistol. I actually bout a h2 and h3 spring kit. I am using the h2 unsuppressed and intent to use thee h3 when i get my rc2. Going from OEM to H2 was a noticeable difference. I even asked Geissele and they recommend the H3. I just didn t want to affect the reliability or hinder the gun in any way. My goal was to just make it the best it can be. If your shooting suppressed i would use the h3.

Feedback Score
    I am wanting on a rc2 to come in at the gun shop near my house. I am new to ar pistols and the V7 pistol with the law folder is awesome. I love it. A 556 is know for its speed. If you put the rc2 on it and it slows it down is it still a effective home defense weapon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0 View Post
    Great question I asked DD because I wanted to know the best buffer for my V7 pistol. I actually bout a h2 and h3 spring kit. I am using the h2 unsuppressed and intent to use thee h3 when i get my rc2. Going from OEM to H2 was a noticeable difference. I even asked Geissele and they recommend the H3. I just didn t want to affect the reliability or hinder the gun in any way. My goal was to just make it the best it can be. If your shooting suppressed i would use the h3.
    Which spring kit did you go with for the DD pistol?

Feedback Score
    I am using the Geissele h2 with super 42 spring. I am shooting unsupressed. I heard it is easy to remove one of the tunsten weights and make a h2 if u needed to. DD told me that the h2 or h3 would work fine. He did say that the h3 might have trouble with certain rounds but all the people on the dd facebook group say H3 and they ve never had issues. Supposedly steel won t shoot as good with h3 but i never shoot steel anyways. 2k plus gun i run only brass. If your shooting supressed all the time ( which i will be once i get my rc2 ) i would go with a H3

here is mine

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jason0 View Post
    A 556 is know for its speed. If you put the rc2 on it and it slows it down is it still a effective home defense weapon?
    Silencers don’t slow down a projectile. In many cases they increase the speed of a projectile, although not nearly as well as an equivalently long barrel would. This phenomenon is know as “freebore boost”. Here is some evidence: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...168&highlight=
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have a DD MK18 that I run with a Dead Air Sandman S most of the time. Recently put in a Geissele 42 spring with either an H2 or H3 (sorry can't remember which) and the gun runs great. I shoot mostly XM193, so no experience with some of the lighter/slower loads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast