Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow hammer?

Feedback Score
    His FaceBook page doesn't say anything about him passing away.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Much better advice here than I could offer, that being said if you cant get it worked out. Contact CS at Stacatto and ask them to work it over. I did it with my P Duo and it came back much better.

I told them my trigger was mushy and heavy for a gun that cost this much money. And they fixed it with a smile. I hope you can work it out but if not, that is an option. If it has not already been mentioned, didnt read entire thread.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I received notice of his passing several months back.
    Looking online however, I find nothing.
    I communicated with him via email in the middle of July this year. Excellent customer service and communication. I sure hope that's not the case.

And to add to what Gaijin said above, the Harrison Design components are superb and as close to drop-in as one can get. The True Radius Sear is phenomenal and gives a great clean break. It made for the best trigger I have in a 1911 or any pistol I have.

I also agree with Gaijin about running a 23 lbs mainspring for a .45 ACP and that surely won't make the hammer sluggish.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 08-27-22 at 03:16.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good news then. I'm happy (and hope) to be mistaken on John's passing. I'd spoken with him a year ago and he said he'd had "some physical problems recently", but didn't elaborate, and I didn't push the matter.
    Regardless, he IS a rare Gentleman and his parts are Top Notch in my opinion.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    It might just need a disassembly and a good cleaning of the components. I've tried various lubricants over the years and found that some can gum up and get sticky. I've had it happen before where the firing mechanism seems to 'slow down' due to the drag of the gummy stuff on the moving surfaces. I'd start with a complete disassembly, thorough cleaning then re-oil with a light lubricant and see if that makes a difference.
    I echo this thought. I recently took out my '91 CZ 75 pre B. I hadn't touched it for several years and the trigger was sticky, so stiff the trigger return spring could barely swing it back. A quick field strip and spray down with brake cleaner, dry out then light oil in the right places [I use Balistol] restored normal function... Forgot what a nice pistol it is...

Feedback Score
    Clean it? I wanted to go straight to the Dremel tool….
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Clean it? I wanted to go straight to the Dremel tool….
    A Dremel tool intervention is needed here.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    A Dremel tool intervention is needed here.....
    My FIL was a handgun nut and of it didn't come in a presentation box, he Dremeled his initials into the trigger guard. Kind of nice not to have to worry about cocking up a Colt Gold cup when it is already pretty jacked up in most people's eyes..
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My FIL was a handgun nut and of it didn't come in a presentation box, he Dremeled his initials into the trigger guard. Kind of nice not to have to worry about cocking up a Colt Gold cup when it is already pretty jacked up in most people's eyes..
    It's really only "jacked up" if you were going to sell it. Like my Dad's '68 Colt government, he put a scratch in the otherwise perfect bluing right by the slide catch...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12