Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ammo prices - Are we still in an ammo shortage?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Plenty of us use and like the 41's and do NOT have issues like Mark seems to.

Are you guys running the new production?? Someone here mentioned "other forums" were reporting the same problems I get. Accurateshooter had a thread about them (new production 450s which are the same product) not firing at all. I haven't seen that, and the primers look perfect. (no dents/damage, etc.)

I'm wanting to go back and figure these suckers out, but PB is like "Eff it!" Sick off the issues and our shooting sessions filled with disappointment.

With powder prices they way they are right now, it's tough to run anything other than the Wolf.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Are you guys running the new production?? Someone here mentioned "other forums" were reporting the same problems I get. Accurateshooter had a thread about them (new production 450s which are the same product) not firing at all. I haven't seen that, and the primers look perfect. (no dents/damage, etc.)
    Definitely not new production but can't give anything near an exact date cause the CCI lot number codes are so damn cryptic. Nothing there that even remotely resembles a production date.

Without calling them and asking them if they can decipher the codes a guy has no way to know when the things were actually made. No way of knowing if the ones you just bought were made this year or something that has sat on a shelf in a warehouse for a year, or two, or 5 - before being put on the shelf at the store you just bought them from...

The Federal and Winchester lot number codes are just as bad. Impossible to tell a production date just from looking at the codes and who knows how long ago what had actually been made before ending up in your hands.

Curious how anyone can really claim 'new production' when the boxes do not really show a clear and easily understandable production date on them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

I'm wanting to go back and figure these suckers out, but PB is like "Eff it!" Sick off the issues and our shooting sessions filled with disappointment.

With powder prices they way they are right now, it's tough to run anything other than the Wolf.
    Mine are May 2020. I mark when I buy my primers anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ^^ Yes.
    I run Precision Delta or Zero JHPs as range ammo. Superior accuracy over FMJ’s and running comps you don’t get leading like you do with FMJ having exposed lead base.
    Bonus is the PD load I worked up is a duplicate in POA/POI for my carry load of 124 gr, +P Gold Dot.
    Love PD 124 JHPs (V1). Just bought some V2's to sample during the last sale.

With the PD accuracy and pricing, I don't foresee using another bullet anytime soon.

Duplicate POA/POI for my load as well w/Gold Dots.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234