Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long Range 16" Build

Feedback Score
    Gun looks great.

I have a similar "long range-ish" 16" I setup for the same purpose. Groups a bit over 1.5" using regular old XM193 and a DD CL/HF barrel.

Eventually I'll get another scope, but it's low on my priority list and already groups better than I thought it would.
    Also recently installed a Larue two-stage and a couple hundred rounds of "match" ammo (77g?) so I'd like to see if I can tighten it up.

Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 12-10-22 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Ditch the bipod, get good sand bags fore and aft.

69s will go trans-sonic between 800 and 900 yards. You'll need a heavier bullet to stay supersonic at 1,000 (typically a Sierra, Berger, Hornady, or Nosler -- 70+ Very Low Drag, or an 80 / 80+ grain Match, usually loaded long for single-shot feeding).
    I'll try this to better evaluate the gun itself.
    I do have some nossler cc 77 and rmr 75s, just loading up the rest of my 69s right now as most of the shooting is 700 and in.

Ive been pretty consistent making 1st round hits on 2/3 ipsc at 650yds... so im pretty happy with it so far.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-13-22 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sure nothing wrong with “ consistent making 1st round hits on 2/3 ipsc at 650yds...”
    Around here that’d be something to be really happy with, given our winds and running a .223/5.56 AR.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's a hundo group. If he shot that at 700 yards, I'd quit shooting.
    Ha! Yeah, you and probably everyone else here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Sure nothing wrong with “ consistent making 1st round hits on 2/3 ipsc at 650yds...”
    Around here that’d be something to be really happy with, given our winds and running a .223/5.56 AR.
    Yeah that's outstanding.

Feedback Score
    I'll likely post more load details in the reloading forum
    Got the tac dialed in for RMR 69s
    2800fps

Mostly vertical stringing and even federal primers had high SD. I hand measured each load and all same batch of brass.

Overall happy with it, i shot off a pack and first time out in a while so think this is a 1moa gun but im influencing it... and I need some decent ****ing primers!!

This will accomplish what I'm looking for.

The 2 velocities written are the 2 highest of the string. Without those, the spread drops to 44 and SD to 15.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-21-22 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    This is nice. I will echo what others have said regarding getting and using a front bag and a rear bag. I will also add that I would look at the B5 Systems precision stock or the Magpul PRS and PRS Lite stocks.. These are all fully adjustable and can help take some of the variability out in your cheek weld and eye relief, as well as add a little weight to the rear of the gun.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    This is nice. I will echo what others have said regarding getting and using a front bag and a rear bag. I will also add that I would look at the B5 Systems precision stock or the Magpul PRS and PRS Lite stocks.. These are all fully adjustable and can help take some of the variability out in your cheek weld and eye relief, as well as add a little weight to the rear of the gun.
    Yeah I need the weight. Ill probably buy a good bag for prs , and plan on getting the XLR/Dissident stock.

Just waiting for a sale.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    The 2 velocities written are the 2 highest of the string. Without those, the spread drops to 44 and SD to 15.
    I've had stuff like that lately too. Even with ammo loaded on the Chargemaster and Wolf primers. Just some oddball velocities that wreck my SD.

I shot some WIN M855 retail box that had better SDs than hand loads.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've had stuff like that lately too. Even with ammo loaded on the Chargemaster and Wolf primers. Just some oddball velocities that wreck my SD.

I shot some WIN M855 retail box that had better SDs than hand loads.
    Maybe I should make some mexican match and see what happens?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast