Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long Range 16" Build

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I try not to sweat SDs too much, but when they're in the 20s or more off the chargemaster, it's a little annoying.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Ok so to wrap this thread up, I finally got this out to 1k.

Steady 5mph winds with gusts to 12-15.

Tac, rmr75 going 2630fps

It took a while to get on at 850 (no calls) but once we saw impacts in the dirt, I walked in a hit at 850, then 930 after a couple more shots (2/3 ipsc sized steel).

We switched shooters, I spotted my friend on the same targets, then he connected at 1k (tac & rmr 69)

[He has a near identical build: same scope, but a 16" rainier UM, aero handguard that bolts directly to the upper.]

Once I got back on the rifle, I dialed 14 mils, the wind had calmed a little, (i think I was holding 1.75mil windage) and I connected at 1k on shots 5 and 6.

My first time hitting 1k, I'm very excited!

700:

1,000:
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-15-23 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Anyone who says 223/5.56 isn’t good past 300 yards doesn’t actually spend time behind their rifle. I’ve been running my 14.5 with 2-10 Credo and 55gr freedom and pmc xtac to 600 easily. Granted I’m not going for precision groups just accurate repeatable “combat accurate” hits using “commonly available” ammunition types.

I’ve got my own private range I can get to 1085 yards on and targets at random distances from 208-626 then 800 and 1008. It’s setup more as a “dynamic” range for everything outside the 200 yard flat range.

https://imgur.io/a/IxHmfPb
    Last edited by jwfuhrman; 04-16-23 at 15:54.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Anyone who says 223/5.56 isn’t good past 300 yards doesn’t actually spend time behind their rifle.
    This. 300 yards is nothing.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I’ve got my own private range I can get to 1085 yards on and targets at random distances from 208-626 then 800 and 1008. It’s setup more as a “dynamic” range for everything outside the 200 yard flat range.

https://imgur.io/a/IxHmfPb
    If there's such a think as "range envy", I've got range envy. You have a very nice place to shoot sir!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    YMH R9 came in.
    I also upgraded the stock due to lack of cheek weld. Its the dissident arms stock.

Last edited by MegademiC; 09-17-23 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    YMH R9 came in.
    I also upgraded the stock due to lack of cheek weld. Its the dissident arms stock.

That is a good looking gun man, I like the camo, simple but effective. How do you like the Brownell's 3-18x? I have a M&P10 rocking an old 4-14x Primary Arms scope that I think I snagged for $180 with other parts in an Armslist trade and it just doesn't cut it any more
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    That is a good looking gun man, I like the camo, simple but effective. How do you like the Brownell's 3-18x? I have a M&P10 rocking an old 4-14x Primary Arms scope that I think I snagged for $180 with other parts in an Armslist trade and it just doesn't cut it any more
    Thanks - Im loving this rifle!
    The camo used maple leaves, mesh, and some random tape pieces to break up the colors

I think the scope is really good for the money.
    Ive had it out to 1kyds no issues, CA is noticable but mild.
    Eye box is very tight at 18x with some edge distortion
    Clarity is not as good as a leupold mk5, but again - perfectly usable to 1k
    Its heavy
    Tracking has been repeatable
    Great tectile and audible clicks
    Great reticle in the mid to higher zoom ranges. Its kind of thin 3-5x. Usable there, but its not the quickest to pick up at speed. Above 6x its really nice.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-18-23 at 08:02.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234