Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Lowers velocity - check
    Increases noise to shooter - check

Remind me again what the advantage is other than being cool because everyone else is doing it? I can only assume that since it's the 4.25 version we are talking about carrying it. If not and it's only for range use...Sure I could see a point.
    Adding a comp doesn’t lower velocity
    The increase in noise to the shooter with a 9mm isn’t really an issue….guns are really loud, so comps can make them a little louder big deal
    It’s not like a comp takes. 9mm from hearing safe/comfortable to unsafe/uncomfortable

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Why would you need a comped barrel for 9mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ^^ Suggest you lose the 9mm comp hate.
    They’re here. They’re a thing.
    If you are opposed to them, don’t use them. Trashing anyone that favors them isn’t necessary.
    Personally, I’m not opposed to nearly anything that gives one an advantage at shooting rapidly/accurately.

The Staccato XC is the latest hotness, and I was wondering what it would take to get to that, for a lot less coin. Comps seem to be the trend, ala the new Sig Macro. But yes, this would be a gamer/range gun for fun and pushing the edge of applying tech/mechanics.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The Staccato XC is the latest hotness, and I was wondering what it would take to get to that, for a lot less coin. Comps seem to be the trend, ala the new Sig Macro. But yes, this would be a gamer/range gun for fun and pushing the edge of applying tech/mechanics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The 5" gun might be pretty kewl with something like the Monsoon Genghis comp.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes. That and "parts" replacement and some hand fitting, different Optic. I have no doubt it'd be GTG.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yes. That and "parts" replacement and some hand fitting, different Optic. I have no doubt it'd be GTG.
    Agreed, should run just as good as a Staccato and still cost less but with arguably a better grip.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/s7d2mNIW3bE

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    So after watching the latest video from 10-8, save your money for a Staccato.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Hmmmmm. A bit like “lipstick onna Pig” apparently.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So after watching the latest video from 10-8, save your money for a Staccato.
    Yes either buy a Stacatto or run the gun as is and send back to SA if it’s too problematic. But buy and build does not seem the route. Good video Tokarev.

PB

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast