Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Got to look at one of these at the LGS yesterday. The shop owner took it out earlier that morning and ran a couple hundred rounds through it with a couple failure to feed malfunctions using hollowpoints. He already had a buyer for it, but was gracious enough to let me look it over.

Fit and finish were good. It looks chunky, but doesn't feel as fat in the hand as it looks. The slide stop is kinda recessed, though, and it was impossible for me to thumb off without having to radically alter my grip or use my off hand.

Anyway, if this sort of thing is your bag it might be worth a look. For me, though, I have exactly 0 interest in a double stack 9mm 1911, so I was pretty "Meh" about the whole thing. I'd rather use that $1400 on two Glock 17s, or save up another $1k and get a nice Dan Wesson, but that's just me...
    Last edited by kerplode; 09-23-22 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxLLrhsdMU

4:39

It is pretty disappointing how much Springfield ****ed up here. They will fix the issues and they will eventually become reliable but they and the Prodigy DS will never live down this negative publicity.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-23-22 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxLLrhsdMU

4:39

It is pretty disappointing how much Springfield ****ed up here. They will fix the issues and they will eventually become reliable but they and the Prodigy DS will never live down this negative publicity.
    A follow-up video:

https://youtu.be/041ZpnXHTcM

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A follow-up video:

https://youtu.be/041ZpnXHTcM

I mean that is great and I will probably buy one around summer next year but it just shows, honestly the lack of care by Springfield. This is a very simple fix that I think Springfield didn't even care to look into. They produced the gun as quickly as possible and just threw it out there with little to no failure checks.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I enjoy $500 handguns that just work out of the box and don't require break-in, function checks / test, or all that.

Ammo costs for regular folks and $50-100 9MM pistol magazines?

**** that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Fit and finish were good. It looks chunky, but doesn't feel as fat in the hand as it looks. The slide stop is kinda recessed, though, and it was impossible for me to thumb off without having to radically alter my grip or use my off hand.

Anyway, if this sort of thing is your bag it might be worth a look. For me, though, I have exactly 0 interest in a double stack 9mm 1911, so I was pretty "Meh" about the whole thing. I'd rather use that $1400 on two Glock 17s, or save up another $1k and get a nice Dan Wesson, but that's just me...
    That’s every 2011, bub. And most 1911’s promote releasing the slide with the support thumb. Happens on all of my 191’s and my Staccato P with my Xl gloved hands.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alchemy Custom Weaponry tears down the 4.25" gun.

Really nothing but positive stuff for the most part. I assume the tight/short chamber was intentional on these guns in an effort to help accuracy. Personally I'd rather have it run a little loose in this regard.

MIM parts abound. But not unexpected or uncommon.

[MEDIA=youtube]xNI567NkCVw[/MEDIA]

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-25-22 at 16:14.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still believe this will be an amazing pistol, especially when the bugs get fixed. I just think it was really poor decision by Springfield to release it like this. IMO speaks pretty strongly about how their company is probably ran.

I held the 4.25 at the local PSA and I have nothing but good things to say about it. $1499 plus tax. It was sold later that day from what I was told.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-25-22 at 16:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Alchemy Custom Weaponry tears down the 4.25" gun.

Really nothing but positive stuff for the most part. I assume the tight/short chamber was intentional on these guns in an effort to help accuracy. Personally I'd rather have it run a little loose in this regard.

MIM parts abound. But not unexpected or uncommon.

[MEDIA=youtube]xNI567NkCVw[/MEDIA]

Part 2 of the video above. Other than the tight chamber he says these are pretty solid:

https://youtu.be/CI12EmpAGy0

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast