Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

SA hits 2011 market

They call it the Prodigy I think. Priced at $1,500 should bring in new 2011 customers. Two stores in Phx has them in stock. Initial reviews are good. We will see.

Mods, if there is another thread, kill this one.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If they run this will put some serious pressure on Stacatto. MSRP of 1499 is almost a grand less.

From what I've been able to discern, Stacatto mags fit, uses an Agency Arms designed adaptor plate. Comes with two mags. 5" and 4-1/4" barrel lengths available, both models have same frame size (140mm 17 round is flush).
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 08-31-22 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting. 9mm I assume? I Wonder about their magazine pedigree.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Interesting. 9mm I assume? I Wonder about their magazine pedigree.
    Allegedly Dura-Mag will be the OEM, and they claim to have updated the designs further.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Saw that.

It’ll have MIM hammer/sear/disconnect or/thumb safety, etc. Like all of Springfields current 1911 line up.
    That makes the several hundred dollars saved over Staccato not so much a “deal” after all.
    Replacing the MIM with forged/tool steel parts and yer at, or close to Staccato money. That’s if you can do parts swap yourself.

Also the optics thing.
    Supposed to only work with some off brand, RD that SA sells.
    Someone will make a mount for the RD of your choice, but how long will it take?

My crystal ball says; teething problems.
    Magazines?
    Optic?
    Long term durability?

I think this is offered to a price point. XXX dollars cheaper than Staccato.
    Aimed for guy that wants a 2011 that doesn’t want to spend 2011 money.
    It’ll be fine for the guy that shoots 50 rds at range twice a month.
    I don’t see this as a duty gun, or hardcore shooter gun.

Guess we’ll see!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Given SA's history, 100% agree that QC will be the thing to watch.

I have two Staccato P's and two C2's. Great guns but frankly the triggers are kind of Kimber Factory feeling to me. Have been meaning to either do a little cleanup in there or replace the fire control altogether. Reality is though that at speed the triggers on the Staccatos are fine.

I also got initial info that the optic cut would only fit the SA HEX optic, which would be a hard pass for me. Then others said Agency Arms plates would be used. As you say, guess we will see. It would be sales suicide for SA to try to restrict the Prodigy to only their optic.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 08-31-22 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    I hate threads like this.

I keep getting the 1911 or 2011 itch, but for good or bad the thing that keeps me from dropping the hammer is I am so sold on 357sig Leighi Defense.

I need to find time to go out and shoot more hogs but this time do both 9mm and 357sig as part of the same trip. Because if 9mm performs within 10% of the 357 sig, then I would reevaluate and maybe get a cool guy pistol. In the mean time I will stick to my much used Glocks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    My crystal ball says; teething problems.
    What? American Mediocrity in product specification for a quick buck? It's almost a certainty.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I hate threads like this.

I keep getting the 1911 or 2011 itch, but for good or bad the thing that keeps me from dropping the hammer is I am so sold on 357sig Leighi Defense.

I need to find time to go out and shoot more hogs but this time do both 9mm and 357sig as part of the same trip. Because if 9mm performs within 10% of the 357 sig, then I would reevaluate and maybe get a cool guy pistol. In the mean time I will stick to my much used Glocks.
    Off the topic of 2011's but their was a new video I saw today on liberty defense 50gr 9mm you might be interested in.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 454308 View Post
    Off the topic of 2011's but their was a new video I saw today on liberty defense 50gr 9mm you might be interested in.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I would not recamend the Liberty round it is a hollowpoint and at the speed of over 2000fps it will over expand and as a result under penetrate.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast