Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Roger Barrera’s input/review on this. He’s a legit shooter.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PXbjTBexMkk&feature=share
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    And the obligatory barrage of videos where the gun doesn't fail. (I'm not jaded)

-Until Toyota makes a 1911 style pistol, I'll remain wildly skeptical. I'd actually love to see what the Japanese approach would do for the 1911/2011.
    Last edited by markm; 09-01-22 at 09:35.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Japan has made some great firearms Mark. They made a Model '86 Winchester- for Winchester, that was better than the Domestic guns of recent production. Their SKB shotguns were quite good, and the Howa Bolt Gun (an "improved" m 700) are well built and extremely accurate.

So yeah, a 1911/2011 built in Japan would be a very likely winner. Not gonna hold my breath on that one though.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Why will no one listen to Larry Vickers and make a 1911 fire control system with a dedicated 45 double stack mag?

2011 mag profile is for Buffalo Bills, Phil Mickelson, and The Boston Strangler— chokers. That 2:1 feed system is getting better, but it still isn’t right. Maybe 9mm done right is better than 45acp. 45acp trying to feed is like that little blond chick on the couch with the D-lineman from Howard behind her.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was able to finger bang this gun today. It felt just fine for it’s price point. The trigger was way mushy but still breaks on the 1911 sled platform that makes the trigger so easy to shoot well, just mushy mushy.. the only thing I noticed is the feed ramp was straight vertical and made me wonder why. SA is no stranger to 1911 platforms so it should be interesting.

I own a Stacatto so I have no need, so I’ll pass but at it’s price point it should do well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes. No doubt it'll do well.
    Hell, people buy Gloks in droves too.

Feedback Score
    How are these platforms dealing with 9 mm being shorter than the traditional 45 ACP cartridges? If I remember correctly the old STI guns would have a plate that you would put in the back of the magazine to keep the bullets a little bit further forward? Is that what they’re doing here? Just building into the magazine from the get-go?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    How are these platforms dealing with 9 mm being shorter than the traditional 45 ACP cartridges? If I remember correctly the old STI guns would have a plate that you would put in the back of the magazine to keep the bullets a little bit further forward? Is that what they’re doing here? Just building into the magazine from the get-go?
    Stacatto and others have laid the “9mm too short for 1911 platform” issue to rest.
    Both the SS 1911 and DS 2011 have available mags that are as close to 100% reliable as machines get.
    The Stacatto 9mm mags work with both 9mm and .38 Super.
    The shorter 9’s have a tendency to allow top rd in mag to move forward, but this has never caused feed issues in my experience and several others in our group.

Feedback Score
    https://grabagun.com/bul-armory-sasi...ver-slide.html

I wanted to get into the 2011 game and just couldn't commit to Staccato prices. So I decided to try the SAS II Tac Light from Bul Armory (Israeli manufacturer). I've got a couple of their Desert Eagle 1911s and have been very impressed with the performance....particularly for a sub $1,000 pistol. Grabagun had them in stock recently for under $1,300. I've only got a couple thousand rounds through mine but it's been flawless. Now I see what all the hype was about! I love this platform.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast