Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SA hits 2011 market

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I spent way too much time yesterday watching the various Prodigy review videos and proved that Youtube will waste your life if you let it.

I really want to see a writeup from someone who bought one in the wild instead of reviews from people that SA sent the gun to for review. Someone who can shoot groups, someone who will say how much the gun malf'd. Roger Barrera's review acknowledged trigger quality (not that great but useable) and some mag issues.

My expectation here is TRP level quality. Honestly a TRP is a great starter platform if you replace fire control and do a little reliability work. It's tight otherwise.

Like others, as a Staccato owner I already have this itch scratched. Still, my curiosity is killing me.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 09-02-22 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    What I’d like to see is someone tear down a Stacatto and Prodigy and compare/contrast the parts.

Jimin- outside of Colin Noir, which to me is more of a vblogger (and a good one) than gun expert, I haven’t seen one from someone that I usually see. Seems like SA flooded the meta verse with guns to people I don’t really know? Anyone good review the gun so far? Any break downs of parts?

I’m really interested to see what it would take to make a XC with the comp and such versus the Staccato pricing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    From Instagram, I've noticed most of the reviewers seems to be of the paid shill variety. I'll wait til some of the more trusted reviewers get ahold of them.

Feedback Score
    My Staccato functions just fine, if I wanted another 9mm 2011 I'd rather purchase another Staccato over a SA, you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Jimin- outside of Colin Noir, which to me is more of a vblogger (and a good one) than gun expert, I haven’t seen one from someone that I usually see. Seems like SA flooded the meta verse with guns to people I don’t really know? Anyone good review the gun so far? Any break downs of parts?
    I saw no teardowns, nor any group shooting. Did see a whole lot of ammo getting hosed. Roger Barerra (of QVO Tactical) did say what I noted about trigger being somewhat subpar and a few apparent magazine related malfs. But all that I saw had received the gun for eval from SA so there ya go.

I did get to see the guns cycling, ejecting, etc and that part looked good. But you don't know what hit the edit bin.

If the question is "how does this compare to Staccato" in a detailed way, I saw nothing along those lines. People just made passing references to differences with Staccato.

The other thing that got me thinking as I watched was along the lines of build philosophy. The SA is a heaver gun which falls more into the range/gamer gun vs Staccato's self defense product approach.

I think one guy said the Prodigy was the new entry point into the 2011 world. Given the rising popularity of 9mm 2011 type guns, I bet that's right where SA wants to be. They did a lot of things right (with the Agency Arms optic mount system, compatibility with existing 2011 mags, and offering a more affordable mag). For the average guy who shoots maybe a couple hundred rounds a year, that'll do.

For the rest of us, time will tell how they hold up.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 09-02-22 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not sure if crossposting is allowed but here is a teardown. Whole lotta MIM, and cerakote on the sear nose! The price point comes at a price.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...review.172026/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Not sure if crossposting is allowed but here is a teardown. Whole lotta MIM, and cerakote on the sear nose! The price point comes at a price.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...review.172026/
    Thanks, that was interesting.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Japan has made some great firearms Mark. They made a Model '86 Winchester- for Winchester, that was better than the Domestic guns of recent production. Their SKB shotguns were quite good, and the Howa Bolt Gun (an "improved" m 700) are well built and extremely accurate.

So yeah, a 1911/2011 built in Japan would be a very likely winner. Not gonna hold my breath on that one though.
    A lot of current Browning firearms are made in Japan, and have been since the 80s(?).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks like all the double stack 1911s I have ever seen, big fat grip with bad ergos. Not one double stack 1911 I have handled or shot was any different, 9mm or .45. Maybe if you have big enough hands for it/them, it's a good choice. I really wanted to like the Wilson EDC X9, which is smaller than most double stack 1911 style guns, but ergo/grip wise, didn't like it at all once I handled it. It's a beautiful gun, and at 3k plus, better be, but I decided to stick with the HK Vp9, which has far better ergos all around and customized by removable panels, especially for those us us with medium sized hands.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Looks like all the double stack 1911s I have ever seen, big fat grip with bad ergos. Not one double stack 1911 I have handled or shot was any different, 9mm or .45. Maybe if you have big enough hands for it/them, it's a good choice. I really wanted to like the Wilson EDC X9, which is smaller than most double stack 1911 style guns, but ergo/grip wise, didn't like it at all once I handled it. It's a beautiful gun, and at 3k plus, better be, but I decided to stick with the HK Vp9, which has far better ergos all around and customized by removable panels, especially for those us us with medium sized hands.
    Interesting. THe manufacturers sure have been able to seeming fold space and time inside mags lately. It would be interesting to see a 17rnd mag in the 2011 and the new SIG Macro(?) side by side. Weight and size (and of course trigger) all have benefits themselves too, but if this trigger is meh, you can always add weight to a gun. Hell, you could over-mold something for the current wonder 9mmCCW guns….

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast