Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever rented a table at a gun show?

Feedback Score
    Not in years thank God.

Assuming your talking about selling off some excess guns? Check with the show promoters to see if "private sale" is "allowed"- by the show not your state laws, etc.

Also, a lot has changed since the 90's, no one seems to carry cash any more or bring cash for big purchases. So plan on having some alternate method to accept payment, there is all kinds of cash app, etc. type stuff for that. Or say cash only and roll with it.

Bring something to cover the table with- a black table cover will work fine. Most gunshow tables are 8' if it's a 6' table expect to pay less. Can't tell you what going rate is now but I would assume $70-100. per table at least.

Bring some food and drinks so you don't get charged $20. for some crappy hotdog and coke.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A lot depends on where you are and local law BS, I haven't been to a Florida gun show in over 20 years but recall some counties had waiting periods etc. but one county over no problem. I think the gun show hate is overblown but my expectations are not to find a super deal on a firearm I really want at every show, a good deal on a part or accessory can make a show for me. If working the show by yourself get to know your neighbors so they can watch your stuff while you run to the rest room, also think of getting their early if you want to check out what others have. Food/snacks and drinks are good to have cause if busy you are pretty tied to the table unless you have help.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Yea, just want to sell some guns.

Private sale is allowed. I'll at least check for Florida ID. Will bring food, a buddy, table cloth, and backpacks to walk my stuff in. Will zip tie the guns at home. No ammo.

Most of my stuff is less-common. .25's, .32's, 60 year old Berettas, etc. Old collector stuff in excellent shape. The stuff you really want to see at gun shows. Will price to move, cash only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good luck with the show!

I really enjoy going to the local gun shows, and as mack7.62 mentioned I think the hate is overblown too. Yeah you may not find a smoking deal on exactly what you're pursuing, but where else will you find the selection and quantity of gun stuff in a centralized location?

For me it's a fun day out. I usually never go with the intent to buy a gun, but always looking for 'stuff.' Ammo, mags, tools, targets, stuff for my range bag, and such. Recently there have been a lot more medical focused vendors at my local shows and picking up a book or a first aid kit and some tourniquets is always good to have.

Feedback Score
    Well, I can vouch that if you have a day to spend at a gun show, you can move it!

Key is to have reasonable prices, put prices on them...and don't be a dumbass thinking you're going to make money on your common, used, modified guns.

S&W Sheild 2.0 single stack? $275. Used G26 3rd gen? $350. 10/.22? $150, Ruger P90 .45? $275.

These are just examples. You can move guns at a gun show and under-cutting the dealers and guys who come more to chat than sell guns is easy.

One experience, of course.

I actually enjoyed it. Was neat meeting people of all kinds of gun knowledge. You never knew what you were going to get.
    Being helpful and friendly can go a long way. People seemed to appreciate that. It may or may not lead to a sale but it makes the experience more enjoyable for yourself and everyone else.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-25-22 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I hate gun shows and don't like hanging out with ATF, but I know a guy who used to. He says they ATF comes up and asks if you have "ghost guns" and all kinds of fun stuff.
    Toss 'em some beef jerky & tell 'em to keep moving!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I’ve always wanted to show up with my crappiest guns, put outrageous prices on them, and BS about how awesome they are…

Or am I missing something????
    Nope, thats pretty damn spot on.

My business partner who does the medical side of our training company his parents are co-owners of the local promotional group that puts on the gun shows in Fort Wayne. We setup at those only because we pay next to nothing for tables. I'll take what little inventory I have (90% of it is consignment guns that I sell on gunbroker and gun shows exclusively), he brings all of his Med Kits and we both bring promotional stuff for both the gun side and the medical side, plus have 2 or 3 tables dedicated just to doing demostrations.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Hey, Ron, your experience sounded pretty positive. Do you have any tips after the experience? I read your last post.

I am hoping to set up and sell a couple of excess guns here locally. I will be selling super common stuff - a couple of PSA ARs and a few pistols. Just making space in the safe, really.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-09-22 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The internet ruined gun shows.
    I used to go to 17 shows a year in the 90's.
    They started to suck in 2002 and went to my last one in 2006.

Feedback Score
    I did many years ago. Sold stuff I didn't want or need any more like old uniforms, unit and weapon system patches, books, etc. After the table cost ($80, IIRC), I think I cleared about $200.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast