Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G43 opinions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

G43 opinions

My LGS has a couple of barely (as in no visible wear)used G43s for $349 that I was checking out today. This is the first time handling and they are a lot smaller than I expected. I have been carrying a G30 for 25 years and don’t see a need to change but I was thinking the G43 could replace the j-frame I occasionally carry. I know there have been more Glocks out since then (G45, G48, G45x, etc..) that I really don’t have an interest in so if you have owned a G43 what is your opinion?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    In my opinion it is too small. Again, in my opinion the S&W shield is better sized for shooting. I found the size to be so small on the G43 that I ended up having to make a lot of effort to avoid the slide release, etc. I don't think it brings enough to the table to justify replacing the J-frame, especially if you are pocket carrying.

I will say the one I had was reliable when I did my part.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It works; its very concealable. I carry it when I feel that it is important not to print, but not completely non-permissive. Its inexpensive, and holsters and mags exist. There are no add-on backstraps, so if you wear a big glove, it might not be optimal; get a double stack. I carry mine IWB, and intend to get a G48 MOS slide for it at some point for funsies. Capacity wise, yeah, it doesn’t hold much more than a revolver. But I usually carry a pair of reloads with Vickers +2 kits to balance my belt. Does that offset the lack of capacity? I dunno. Maybe. I do know that capacity adds weight, and when more is desired/tolerated I just grab a G19.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    The p365 is slightly bigger and holds double the rounds. The Shield is the same size, holds one or two more, is easier to shoot. I’ve owned all 3 and the G43 made little sense to me.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I purchased one early on. Great gun and easy to conceal. I run a 43x now. I threw mine in a bug out bag. I think for what you want to use it for it would be perfect.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    At that price is tempting if one wants to buy it for the occasional carry. For daily carry, I would rather get a Sig P365 or the Shield or the G43X.
    I have several other Glocks and I like Glocks, but with similar guns out there with larger capacity, the G43 doesn’t make sense to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am the opposite. I had the S&W Shield and it didn't make sense to me as for the size/amount of rounds on board. So I opted for the G43. For me it carries better and shoots just as well. It has been relegated to ankle/vest carry as the G43X with Shield magazines with Optic has become my go to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I really like mine. It’s a tiny glock.

I bought it to replace a Kahr PM9 that didn’t release the striker in the cold.

It’s a hair bigger than the Kahr but shoots better and works. I shoot steel torsos with it at 40yards and make all hits. Great little gun.

I’m comfortable with 6 rounds. When I think things are super sketchy I carry a Glock 19 and couple mags anyway. The 43 allows me to carry at times where otherwise I’d probably opt not to carry. So from that perspective it’s wonderful.

Feedback Score
    It is cool little weapon to have for quick errands (though a snubby fits the bill as well), personally I just could not shoot it well past 10-12 yds, but that's on me. For the price , why not?

Feedback Score
    At that price? I'd be all over it. I love mine. It virtually disappears IWB, holds 15 rounds with Shield Arms mags (I use the OEM 10 rounder and carry the Shield mag for my reload) and is plenty accurate. Go for it.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast