Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G43 opinions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an early 43. It fits the role of a J Frame for me.

I have no real interest in owning or shooting a J Frame, but the 43 works well in a pocket or deep concealment with about as many rounds.

It's still not fun to shoot though, better than a J, but still quite snappy. The 48 or 43X extra grip length helps in that regard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here is a size comparison between the G43 and Sig P365.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...sig-sauer-p365

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    At that price? I'd be all over it. I love mine. It virtually disappears IWB, holds 15 rounds with Shield Arms mags (I use the OEM 10 rounder and carry the Shield mag for my reload) and is plenty accurate. Go for it.
    The OP is referring to the 43 not the 43X. The shield 15rd mags do not fit the 43.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    The OP is referring to the 43 not the 43X. The shield 15rd mags do not fit the 43.
    Are extended mags available for the G43? Would be good for a reload, just like I carry G21 mags as a reload for my G30.
    Last edited by flenna; 09-02-22 at 09:40.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Are extended mags available for the G43? Would be good for a reload, just like I carry G21 mags as a reload for my G30.
    Yes, several companies make base plates - https://tarantacticalinnovations.com...oem-magazines/
    nawai

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I bought a 43 early on and replaced it with a P365XL. The Sig completely outclasses the G43 as far as I'm concerned. I haven't looked back at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I bought a 43 early on and replaced it with a P365XL. The Sig completely outclasses the G43 as far as I'm concerned. I haven't looked back at all.
    Not a fair comparison though. An XL is larger and longer than a 43. It would be more fair to compare the P365 XL to a G48.

I have a G48 and a P365XL and don't see a huge difference between the two. They both have their plus' and minus'.

The P365XL is more accurate, but has more recoil and the trigger is worse. The Glock shoots softer and flatter but has a tendency to twist more in my large hands. The G48 is dead simple mechanically whereas the FCU of the P365 is more complex and the reliability hasn't been great overall, but some of the early issues have been addressed with rolling changes. I don't get wrapped up in mag capacity. Both have aftermarket options that increase capacity to G19 range. All in all, I consider picking between the two a wash. Choose either and shoot it a lot and that will be the best gun for you.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Not a fair comparison though. An XL is larger and longer than a 43. It would be more fair to compare the P365 XL to a G48.

I have a G48 and a P365XL and don't see a huge difference between the two. They both have their plus' and minus'.

The P365XL is more accurate, but has more recoil and the trigger is worse. The Glock shoots softer and flatter but has a tendency to twist more in my large hands. The G48 is dead simple mechanically whereas the FCU of the P365 is more complex and the reliability hasn't been great overall, but some of the early issues have been addressed with rolling changes. I don't get wrapped up in mag capacity. Both have aftermarket options that increase capacity to G19 range. All in all, I consider picking between the two a wash. Choose either and shoot it a lot and that will be the best gun for you.
    I can see that. Actually I made a mistake in my initial post. I had the G43X which is almost the same dimensionally as the P365XL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    They make a 9 round mag for the 43

https://shieldarms.com/z9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I was surprised how accurate the little thing is but it isn't replacing my G19s or my 442.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast