Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G43 opinions

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    My LGS has a couple of barely (as in no visible wear)used G43s for $349 that I was checking out today. This is the first time handling and they are a lot smaller than I expected. I have been carrying a G30 for 25 years and don’t see a need to change but I was thinking the G43 could replace the j-frame I occasionally carry. I know there have been more Glocks out since then (G45, G48, G45x, etc..) that I really don’t have an interest in so if you have owned a G43 what is your opinion?
    Too small for me personally. I prefer the 43X.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Belated range report: So I picked up the G43, a couple of spare mags, holster and two Vickers +2 magazine extensions. Just to get a feel I started off with slow fire at 15 yards on a B-27 target and easily put everything in the X and 10 rings. Sped it up a bit doing failure drills and put every round exactly where I wanted them. I then fired at an 8x10 steel silhouette at 25 yards and pleasantly got the instant feed back of constant rings. Overall I am quite happy with the little pistol and was surprised how easy it was to shoot and get hits as long as I did my part. Absolutely no failures, even with the extended magazines. Kinda makes me wish I would have bought both of them at that price.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I spent a lot of time with 43s.

They run exceptionally well for a Glock on underpowered ammo like PMC Bronze.

They are not tolerant of excess slide velocity and don’t fare nearly as well with full power hollow points.

I value reliability with duty ammo above all, I replaced mine with a G26.

Feedback Score
    I have a G43 and usually carried it on duty as a backup gun.
    It was either carried in an ankle holster or under my shirt with a body-armor-vest holster.

Compared to my S&W 642 J-frame, the G43 had two more rounds (6+1, 9mm rounds vs. 5, .38Special rounds).
    I could also shoot the G43 a bit faster and a bit more accurately.

Even so, I still liked how the 642 felt when ankle-carried vs. the G43 as the G43 seemed to just rub on my ankle bone the wrong way. My pants also caught on the Glock due to the shape of the G43. However, there were no problems with either when carried using the body-armor-vest-holster.

Logically, the G43 should be my choice.
    Emotionally, and if either was to be a primary carry, it'd be a tie, vs. not carrying a gun at all.

Neither of these guns are what I'd personally use if in a mall shoot-out with 40 yard distances (like a recent mall shooting where ever that was).

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I have a G43 and usually carried it on duty as a backup gun.
    It was either carried in an ankle holster or under my shirt with a body-armor-vest holster.

Compared to my S&W 642 J-frame, the G43 had two more rounds (6+1, 9mm rounds vs. 5, .38Special rounds).
    I could also shoot the G43 a bit faster and a bit more accurately.

Even so, I still liked how the 642 felt when ankle-carried vs. the G43 as the G43 seemed to just rub on my ankle bone the wrong way. My pants also caught on the Glock due to the shape of the G43. However, there were no problems with either when carried using the body-armor-vest-holster.

Logically, the G43 should be my choice.
    Emotionally, and if either was to be a primary carry, it'd be a tie, vs. not carrying a gun at all.

Neither of these guns are what I'd personally use if in a mall shoot-out with 40 yard distances (like a recent mall shooting where ever that was).
    I bought my G43 with the specific idea it would replace my 442 for all the reasons you mention, that didn't happen, again, for all the reasons you mention.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mine has run plenty of NATO ball, 124+p GD and 127+p+, zero issues. When I asked the old Glock rep in the area about the =p+, the answer was" just hang onto it!" It's a great gun, I don't use any extensions and curl my pinky under the grip bottom. As some know, there's no free lunch with some carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I spent a lot of time with 43s.

They run exceptionally well for a Glock on underpowered ammo like PMC Bronze.

They are not tolerant of excess slide velocity and don’t fare nearly as well with full power hollow points.

I value reliability with duty ammo above all, I replaced mine with a G26.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I bought my G43 with the specific idea it would replace my 442 for all the reasons you mention, that didn't happen, again, for all the reasons you mention.
    What about pocket carry? I'm looking at a G43 to replace my 442 in a front pants pocket.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    What about pocket carry? I'm looking at a G43 to replace my 442 in a front pants pocket.
    That was my plan as well but I still front pocket carry my 442 in a Mika, my daughter has my G43. The shape of the little J-frame is works better for me
    Last edited by titsonritz; 11-03-22 at 15:59.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    The OP is referring to the 43 not the 43X. The shield 15rd mags do not fit the 43.
    but these do: https://shieldarms.com/z9-combo-pack-1

brings the 43 to 9 rounds plus one in the pipe.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Mine has run plenty of NATO ball, 124+p GD and 127+p+, zero issues. When I asked the old Glock rep in the area about the =p+, the answer was" just hang onto it!" It's a great gun, I don't use any extensions and curl my pinky under the grip bottom. As some know, there's no free lunch with some carry guns.
    Yeah there are some outliers out there, but a larger sample size of guns in the hands of a larger sample size of people showed that they are severely lacking.

I tested a couple with Ranger 127+p+ when they first came out in ‘15 and they were basically non-functional with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast