Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: old glocks

Feedback Score

old glocks

My Glock 34 and 35 are a bit old, has them both stippled when new and now they are worn smooth.

Can you restipple a Glock?

What is the life span of a polymer frame?

They now have skate board tape on them to provide some grip.

Or who makes flat backstrap replacement Glock frame that are high quality and aren't poly 80. Does poly 80 make a ready to go frame?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No clue on restippling but I know of at least 1 instructor the slide rail wore out between 85 and 100k. Best I remember he sent it to Glock and they replaced it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    My Glock 34 and 35 are a bit old, has them both stippled when new and now they are worn smooth.

Can you restipple a Glock?

What is the life span of a polymer frame?

They now have skate board tape on them to provide some grip.

Or who makes flat backstrap replacement Glock frame that are high quality and aren't poly 80. Does poly 80 make a ready to go frame?
    Brownell's sells spray grit as do a few non-firearm spray paint companies. Talon Grips aren't bad, but not sure how well those being precut would mate up to your modified franes.

I dont think there is a replacement charge on a stock Glock that breaks, but the modifications may cause a nominal fee to kick in.
    2018 I had a breach face fail on a 2nd Gen that was covered under warranty, but switching the frame to a 3rd Gen was a $100 fee which ended up being a refurb with night sights that was like new.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My 20+ year old Glock:

I'm sure you can lightly re-stipple. I did this lo-key stipple like 8 years ago.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I miss my Gen 2 G19

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I miss my Gen 2 G19
    I wish I had a few Gen 2 glocks socked away. I really don't feel like the current offerings are as good. I shot my son's gun which is the 17X or whatever... gen 5 theoretically.... and it still threw a spent case to the LEFT side of my head. I had a gen 3 that did that shit and malfed all the time. Somehow American mediocrity leaked into the excellent Glock design.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    A couple options:
    https://www.lonewolfdist.com/PRODUCT/924069/lwd-twf/
    https://greyghostprecision.com/ggp-c...size-standard/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Those lone wolf frames are really good.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I watched a Glock on a Lone Wolf frame go full auto when it was bumped around 2016. IIRC, the trigger bar and striker engagement was minimal.

Feedback Score
    Is the Grey Ghost a 80% frame?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast