Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: old glocks

Feedback Score
    I bought the grey ghost frames for 50% so they were like 80 something a piece.

Feedback Score
    Follow up, is as follows.

But first the question must be asked when does a Glock stop being a Glock?

The only thing changed on the slide was front sight and Leupold Delta micro.

Frame is Grey Ghost, with Overwatch poly Dat trigger and trigger bar, it has an old - minus connector which was called 3.5 pound I also put the I think 6,5 pound trigger return spring in it.

So I like the trigger a lot, it isn't a 1911 trigger, but it is a lot better than a Glock trigger. I wouldn't want the trigger any lighter, as this is my carry gun.

Barrel KKM 6 inch 357sig, it has the tightest lock up I have ever seen on a Glock. This pistol is a tack driver, I mean I shot a 5 shot group at 25 yards that was a shade less than 1 inch it measured .95

The Grey Ghost Precision frames make my poly 80 frame seem like a plastic water pistol from my youth. These frames are very well done and I am very happy with them. I even like the cobalt grey colored frame, which is for the 357sig pistol. The 9mm pistol has a black frame, so that at a glance I can tell them apart.

As long as I have a supply of Underwood Leighi Defense that screams out at 2300fps, this will be my carry gun. I mean it is as close to being able to carry an AK IWB, as is possible. I know the AK round is double the weight, but in 9mm these same rounds out of my 6 inch Glock 34 are 2000fps and they did crazy things in hogs.

So a 35 caliber round at 2300fps should do even better.
    Last edited by yoni; 10-09-22 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Purely esthetics, but I would like the Grey Guns frame a lot better if the had a smooth transition in front of the trigger guard "high cut" and gone another direction with the front of the trigger guard. I'm over hooked TGs.

The ergo improvements are there though. They are distinctive and I am sure that is the intent.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I wish the trigger guard was rounded and not hooked also.
    Dremel magic time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Purely esthetics, but I would like the Grey Guns frame a lot better if the had a smooth transition in front of the trigger guard "high cut" and gone another direction with the front of the trigger guard. I'm over hooked TGs.

Andy
    Me too, I much prefer a rounded trigger guard. Even one with a bend like a S&W M&P is preferable to the sharp corner Glocks have.

But if Yoni modifies it he has to make sure it won't mess up holster fitment. That's often a critical area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How do the not Glock frames work with Glock holsters in general?

Feedback Score
    I have had zero issues with the holsters I have.

I rounded the trigger guards on the original Glock frames and had zero issues with the pistol working in my holsters
    Last edited by yoni; 10-09-22 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Follow up, is as follows.

But first the question must be asked when does a Glock stop being a Glock?
    The great thing is it doesn't matter. Part of the reason I went 'all Glock' was you 'could make a Glock without any OEM Glock parts'.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The great thing is it doesn't matter. Part of the reason I went 'all Glock' was you 'could make a Glock without any OEM Glock parts'.
    Yep, kind of like building a 10-22 with zero Ruger parts.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As with ARs, we should probably use "-type" more. AR-type, Glock-type, 10-22-type.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast