Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: old glocks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Glocks are pretty cheap (inexpensive) pistols...why not just purchase new ones ? Essentially they are all the same.
    Thats what I would would do, guns are cheaper. and the cost of the weapon to ammo before it wears out is minimal.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Thats what I would would do, guns are cheaper. and the cost of the weapon to ammo before it wears out is minimal.
    I am not saying this is yoni, it some of us grow attached to our old guns. I certainly do.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I am not saying this is yoni, it some of us grow attached to our old guns. I certainly do.
    Oh i do too, but also dont have to sell it, keep it as a heirloom or something. and buy a beater. Kepp the one you love in better condition.

Feedback Score
    I have a Cylinder and Slide full house custom done to my specs, it is never going to be for sale. I also have a Ruger security six, that Davis company put a 6 inch python barrel on it and did an action job, it also will never be for sale.

My new Glock type pistols are too new for me to grow attached but they are how Glock should have built their pistols.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You can get stripped or complete glock frames forms decent price from Big Tex Ordinance.

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...plete-g17-g19/

I’ve had one gen3 stippled and then redone a few years later to refresh the grip. Might be time to take it back to my guy for round three. If he advises against it I’ll just get a new frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just my thoughts. After carrying various handguns and thinking I was competent with miscellaneous platforms, I had an incident in the real world. Though I went home safe, it was an epiphany. I then dedicated myself to one platform for both competition and carry with identical guns, holsters, belt and cover garments. I still carry that gun but due to health issues have also carried Glock 19 instead of my trusty 2nd gen 17.

I have at least 5 clones of my carry guns. Even though I have 5th gens, I have no intention of changing my carry guns. They are like good long time, reliable friends who I trust.

YMMV,
    Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    My old/new Glocks, but I am not sure they can be called Glocks anymore with a slide and a few internals being Glock parts. But what ever they should be called, they are as reliable as they were when they 100% Glock and due to the Glock 34 and 35 slide they are familiar, but with the Grey Ghost frame and the after market trigger they are just so much better than the original.

The 357 sig pistol is my constant companion. The only thing that changes is like today I had to go in DC, so it got loaded with 10 round mags

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345