Thread: Should I just get a full length die?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Should I just get a full length die?

I’m resizing 223 with a small base die for mostly blaster ammo but want my brass to last as long as I can.

I know the SB is meant to chamber more reliably in case you come across a tight chamber. I don’t think that’ll be an issue for me as I have no precision barrels.

I never thought it made much difference except for taking the base down about a thousandth. Now I’ve seen where it looks like the length grows a few more thou with the SB die than the FL which means more thinning and working, etc.

I’m just wondering if it’s worth just getting a single FL die or not a big of enough difference to matter.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's not worth it for me. My brass dies from loose pockets WAY before any other factor of use/fatigue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Aren’t you pushing yours pretty hard though? I usually load pretty light so I was wondering about split necks maybe before primer pockets.

I figured I was overthinking it though.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I lose brass to loose pockets most of the time, followed by the occasional split neck. On rare occasion one splits in half. Nothing wrong with the SB die.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Aren’t you pushing yours pretty hard though? I usually load pretty light so I was wondering about split necks maybe before primer pockets.

I figured I was overthinking it though.
    Yeah. Most of the ammo it pretty hot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v