Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    So were bump stocks until they weren't. That's the point. Furthermore, binary triggers didn't initially meet the definition of a machine gun but that appears to be no longer the case.
    No you don't understand. Ok, so what you are saying would be equal to this...

"So is the general consensus say "@#$% it" and make your AR a machine gun, consequences be damned?" (since not binary triggers are "banned")

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No, my question is specifically for those who bought a pistol that was totally a acceptable firearm at time of purchase. If it came with a standard carbine receiver extension or an A5 or whatever, and now, with the ATF's points system on braced pistols, you find your pistol doesn't meet their requirements to still technically be legal, do you change out the receiver extension for the old school pistol tube, stash your stuff in the safe and just don't bring it out and if the boys come knocking, tell them you didn't know you couldn't do that?

That's the basic premise of my question. I understand we're in a holding pattern until SCOTUS hopefully gets involved, but form a property owner's standpoint, what are your options?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, my question is specifically for those who bought a pistol that was totally a acceptable firearm at time of purchase. If it came with a standard carbine receiver extension or an A5 or whatever, and now, with the ATF's points system on braced pistols, you find your pistol doesn't meet their requirements to still technically be legal, do you change out the receiver extension for the old school pistol tube, stash your stuff in the safe and just don't bring it out and if the boys come knocking, tell them you didn't know you couldn't do that?

That's the basic premise of my question. I understand we're in a holding pattern until SCOTUS hopefully gets involved, but form a property owner's standpoint, what are your options?
    I bought something that was legal.

It isn't illegal because no LAWS have been made to make it illegal.

I bought it because I liked it. Why would I do anything to change it? More importantly why would I want to chance it to something that IS illegal?

Feedback Score
    So were bump stocks until they weren't. That's the point. Furthermore, binary triggers didn't initially meet the definition of a machine gun but that appears to be no longer the case.
    The ATF is even saying regular triggers are now machine guns...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLeO4FAR5Pc

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I bought something that was legal.

It isn't illegal because no LAWS have been made to make it illegal.

I bought it because I liked it. Why would I do anything to change it? More importantly why would I want to chance it to something that IS illegal?
    Why would the ATF abide by the law? They want to have more control. This is how government expands and puts it thumb on the people.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    Why would the ATF abide by the law? They want to have more control. This is how government expands and puts it thumb on the people.
    Where did I say anything about the ATF?

Feedback Score
    Where did I say anything about the ATF?
    The thread title and you saying a brace was legal when you purchased it, just like triggers and bump stocks. We all agree these were legal until the ATF, at the whim of a pen, decided these items were no longer "legal" and needed to be registered/destroyed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The thread title and you saying a brace was legal when you purchased it, just like triggers and bump stocks. We all agree these were legal until the ATF, at the whim of a pen, decided these items were no longer "legal" and needed to be registered/destroyed.
    So if they are illegal that would suggest people that are in possession of them have gone to jail. Has that happened?

Feedback Score
    So if they are illegal that would suggest people that are in possession of them have gone to jail. Has that happened?
    Look up Matt Hoover vs ATF.

ATF is confiscating FRT triggers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/08/atf...t-15-triggers/

https://www.tacticalshit.com/atf-rai...ddy-unlimited/

None of these items are illegal, yet the ATF, on a whim, decided they were. They are not allowed to make laws since they are not Congress.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Look up Matt Hoover vs ATF.

ATF is confiscating FRT triggers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/08/atf...t-15-triggers/

https://www.tacticalshit.com/atf-rai...ddy-unlimited/

None of these items are illegal, yet the ATF, on a whim, decided they were. They are not allowed to make laws since they are not Congress.

I mean I see what you are saying. However I honestly think something totally different is happening. I think the Left is using the ATF and FBI (which work for them, not the country) to try an provoke conservatives to start CW2. I think just saying these triggers are illegal/banned whatever and the same thing with pistol braces are an attempt to get us to fire the first shot. Door to door "confiscation" or whatever they are doing is a hopes to provoke us enough. Weird thing is the door to door has seem to stop here the last few weeks??? Didn't work so they figure move onto the next thing?

Why? Because if they can get a conservative to fire at a federal government "just doing their job" then immediately they were all right and we are the domestic terrorist they told all of America we are. Over night any Republican in office would immediately be stripped of their power and all "domestic terrorist" talk radio and anything on the internet would immediately be scrubbed and outlawed. Shortly after they would have nothing in their way to ban guns and any opposition against their party that was attacked.

THEY WANT US to break the law and start it all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AFT got slapped down hard on their ability to regulate gun parts. This is big.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast