Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    AFT got slapped down hard on their ability to regulate gun parts. This is big.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    For me it's a potential opportunity. I have several NFA items already. I haven't gotten around to SBR'ing a couple of AR's because I'm cheap and lazy. If someone says I can do it without paying $200? That will overcome my laziness.
    Same here, basically. Once I had my first can in NFA jail, that cat was out of the bag for me. I Form 1'd a couple of lowers after that, so I had two braces laying around. Gonna stick them on some stripped lowers and get a couple of freebies, if it comes to pass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I mean I see what you are saying. However I honestly think something totally different is happening. I think the Left is using the ATF and FBI (which work for them, not the country) to try an provoke conservatives to start CW2. I think just saying these triggers are illegal/banned whatever and the same thing with pistol braces are an attempt to get us to fire the first shot. Door to door "confiscation" or whatever they are doing is a hopes to provoke us enough. Weird thing is the door to door has seem to stop here the last few weeks??? Didn't work so they figure move onto the next thing?

Why? Because if they can get a conservative to fire at a federal government "just doing their job" then immediately they were all right and we are the domestic terrorist they told all of America we are. Over night any Republican in office would immediately be stripped of their power and all "domestic terrorist" talk radio and anything on the internet would immediately be scrubbed and outlawed. Shortly after they would have nothing in their way to ban guns and any opposition against their party that was attacked.

THEY WANT US to break the law and start it all.
    Of course the government wants people to "attack" them. Why do you think the FBI, IRS, and ATF have job postings on using deadly force, increased payout for the death of agents, etc? They want to use their tyranny and when they get push back, they will use that tyranny to increase their tyranny.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post

AFT got slapped down hard on their ability to regulate gun parts. This is big.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but it appears bump stocks will remain illegal.

https://odysee.com/@johncrump:6/bump...main-illegal:f

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    In Short,
    The Supreme Court refused to take the case regarding bump stocks because the lower court has to revisit it after the Bruen and EPA rulings.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    Trying to get a "free" tax stamp is going to land you in hot water, 100% guaranteed. They will never even try to process all the "requests" and will turn anyone over to local LE if they don't have the manpower to come ruin you themselves.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Trying to get a "free" tax stamp is going to land you in hot water, 100% guaranteed. They will never even try to process all the "requests" and will turn anyone over to local LE if they don't have the manpower to come ruin you themselves.
    What are you talking about? Form 1’s are already coming back approved for weeks now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What are you talking about? Form 1’s are already coming back approved for weeks now.
    What I'm talking about is if the projected 5 million to 40 million pistol braced rifle owners apply for a tax stamp before the deadline, there isn't a chance in the world that all of them will get processed. That's what I'm talking about. I know some will get done. So after the deadline, the 95% or more who weren't processed yet might be in a bit of a pickle. How long is it taking currently? When did the people who are getting them back now actually put the request in? I have never done anything with an NFA item but I have heard it is anything but a quick process.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 03-20-23 at 14:27.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    What I'm talking about is if the projected 5 million to 40 million pistol braced rifle owners apply for a tax stamp before the deadline, there isn't a chance in the world that all of them will get processed. That's what I'm talking about. I never said not a single one will get processed.
    You've made a couple of assumptions that are incorrect. The first is that the 5 to 40 million people will all submit amnesty Form 1's (there is no stamp for these). There are two groups of people impacted. The first are people who have other NFA items and the second are (and much larger group) are people who don't have NFA items. The vast majority of the second group will not submit amnesty Form 1's. Instead, assuming this isn't overturned, they'll just remove the braces. The vast majority of the first group will submit the amnesty Form 1's because they're already on the NFA radar and they will not wait until the last minute to do it. After all, it's a "free" Form 1. The second assumption that you've made is that if the amnesty Form 1's is about processing. According to the ATF's FAQ's, once the amnesty Form 1 is submitted, you're good. You just have to have the submitted form with you if the deadline passes and it hasn't yet been approved. You don't have to wait for the approval for it to be considered legal (again). So, if the approval doesn't come back until after the deadline, there is no consequence. Now if someone is new to the eforms and decides they want this to be their first rodeo, then it wouldn't be wise to wait until the last day. That said, the number of people who will do this is likely very small.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You've made a couple of assumptions that are incorrect. The first is that the 5 to 40 million people will all submit amnesty Form 1's (there is no stamp for these). There are two groups of people impacted. The first are people who have other NFA items and the second are (and much larger group) are people who don't have NFA items. The vast majority of the second group will not submit amnesty Form 1's. Instead, assuming this isn't overturned, they'll just remove the braces. The vast majority of the first group will submit the amnesty Form 1's because they're already on the NFA radar and they will not wait until the last minute to do it. After all, it's a "free" Form 1. The second assumption that you've made is that if the amnesty Form 1's is about processing. According to the ATF's FAQ's, once the amnesty Form 1 is submitted, you're good. You just have to have the submitted form with you if the deadline passes and it hasn't yet been approved. You don't have to wait for the approval for it to be considered legal (again). So, if the approval doesn't come back until after the deadline, there is no consequence. Now if someone is new to the eforms and decides they want this to be their first rodeo, then it wouldn't be wise to wait until the last day. That said, the number of people who will do this is likely very small.
    There's a 3rd group as well, they just won't be impacted (mostly). They're the ones who won't file a regular or amnesty Form 1 and won't remove the brace. 99.9% of them will never suffer any consequences at all. Those who skyline themselves or are engaged in illicit activities might get hammered as examples.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast