Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    There's a 3rd group as well, they just won't be impacted (mostly). They're the ones who won't file a regular or amnesty Form 1 and won't remove the brace. 99.9% of them will never suffer any consequences at all. Those who skyline themselves or are engaged in illicit activities might get hammered as examples.
    I'm glad to have known many in that group and they're all good people too. They just mind their own business.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    There's a 3rd group as well, they just won't be impacted (mostly). They're the ones who won't file a regular or amnesty Form 1 and won't remove the brace. 99.9% of them will never suffer any consequences at all. Those who skyline themselves or are engaged in illicit activities might get hammered as examples.
    I think that someone would be a fool to risk being charged with a federal felony for a brace. They'd be better off just installing a regular buttstock as it would gather less attention.

Feedback Score
    The number of sbrs in the U.S. must be staggering. With approximately 332 million people in the U.S., I wonder what the percentage of sbrs are per Capita. I would think that percentage would really get the discussion moving as to what is "common use".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I think that someone would be a fool to risk being charged with a federal felony for a brace. They'd be better off just installing a regular buttstock as it would gather less attention.
    I advocate using braces on SBR's just to add to the confusion.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I still think based on the string of wins we are having we are going to win this. I also still think based on at least one of the law suits, we also run a chance of SBR getting thrown out of the NFA.

If we win on braces then I would not change anything with my pistols. If they also throw out SBR, then the only thing I would do is first cut off the flexible rubber part of a SB tactical brace and see how that functions as a stock. If it works great, if not it will get replaced.

If we lose, then I will make the guns legal and SBR them . As stated earlier I view this as the best path, a downside of $1000 in tax stamps, V legal issues if we lose and the free stamp is a trojan horse. I guess I don't trust most federal things in the middle of a marxist take over. This whole thing fits Lenin's destroy the middle class by burying them with stupid laws.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    They are going to require a picture of the firearm with the brace,
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Nope.
    They FAQ says that they may, but there have been approvals without pictures.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I still think based on the string of wins we are having we are going to win this.

I also still think based on at least one of the law suits, we also run a chance of SBR getting thrown out of the NFA.

If we win on braces then I would not change anything with my pistols.
    I hope we win.

Dropping SBR’s from the NFA seems like a good idea, though that may make things difficult for a while if states and lower courts view that as a removal of federal protection, Bruen or no Bruen.

If we win on braces, I will take the stock off my free SBR and out a brace on it when the situation warrants a handgun over an SBR.

Plenty of us are already on “the list” for SBR/suppressor/DD items. Getting one for free has exactly zero downsides.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You've made a couple of assumptions that are incorrect. The first is that the 5 to 40 million people will all submit amnesty Form 1's (there is no stamp for these). There are two groups of people impacted. The first are people who have other NFA items and the second are (and much larger group) are people who don't have NFA items. The vast majority of the second group will not submit amnesty Form 1's. Instead, assuming this isn't overturned, they'll just remove the braces. The vast majority of the first group will submit the amnesty Form 1's because they're already on the NFA radar and they will not wait until the last minute to do it. After all, it's a "free" Form 1. The second assumption that you've made is that if the amnesty Form 1's is about processing. According to the ATF's FAQ's, once the amnesty Form 1 is submitted, you're good. You just have to have the submitted form with you if the deadline passes and it hasn't yet been approved. You don't have to wait for the approval for it to be considered legal (again). So, if the approval doesn't come back until after the deadline, there is no consequence. Now if someone is new to the eforms and decides they want this to be their first rodeo, then it wouldn't be wise to wait until the last day. That said, the number of people who will do this is likely very small.
    Wondering just how many states allow SBRs? Here in Jersey, I don't believe that "just removing the brace" makes it legal? Have to imagine there are a LOT of the "others" that were sold here in NJ as it was the only way to get something with a barrel shorter than 16" and I can't imagine people will be lining up to destroy their firearms.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Here in Jersey, I don't believe that "just removing the brace" makes it legal?
    If it's a pistol and legal with a brace, I wouldn't think that it would be illegal without a brace.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast